Jambands.ca

EPL 2008-2009

Davey Boy 2.0

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GLORY GLORY!

Anyone else notice how TissueMan shutthefuckup pretty quickly in this thread? Thickair also became suspiciously quiet on PT over the past few months.

Thank you Rafa for the TSN Turning Point on this season. Next time, maybe you will also have learned to shutthefuckup and not give any added determination to the squad you are going head to head with. Brilliant managing, twat.

I look forward to the inevitable faltering against far lesser opponents which will seal Liverpools fate in the final standings.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Ollie...Im fackin smashed right now...the game kicked off at 730 our time this morning...I was pished by 745. First in 4 years and back in for 9 more in a row!!!! We still have the Scottish FA Cup to play next week against Falkirk who were relegated yesterday.

FTP!

ITS BOUNCY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Van der Sar, O'Shea, Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Park, Anderson, Giggs, Carrick, Rooney, Ronaldo;

Kuszczak, Berbatov, Nani, Scholes, Rafael, Evans, Tevez

Victor Valdes, Puyol, Sylvinho, Yaya Toure, Pique, Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Henry, Eto'o;

Pinto, Caceres, Gudjohnsen, Krkic, Keita, Rodriguez, Muniesa.

Both sides are in 4-3-3

Good, Bulldog Tevez is coming in.

Speaking of which, I had Barrett howling a couple of weeks ago when I brought up the 'Tevez and his mum' picture above and said to him

"Jesus, does Tevez's mom ever look like Maradona"

"That is Maradona you putz!"

TevezMaradona_1470590.jpg

I didnt really think the game was as exciting as it could have been. Mostly played in midfield and Barca's two goals really came from nothing, no-build up or posession. Man U had better chances and just couldnt finish after strong build up play. Overall a decent game but not stellar. IMO that is.

I didnt really think the game was as exciting as it could have been.

Of course not. It's modern-day soccer.

And I dont agree ManU having the better chances. In the first quarter of the match perhaps but Barca were incisive at points creating clear looks, easily demonstrated by TheSloth's last two posts.

I thought you played the game?

I dont know, maybe my obvious bias is causing me to have missed something.

Both of Barca's goals came against the run of play and both times were from bad midfield play by Man U. Barca's chances werent anything more than the few ManU had at the start. The header Puyol had from the corner in the last 10 minutes that Van Der Saar was right behind was probably the best chance IMO.

Yeah I play the game but I dont read it like you do. Success in my game comes from possesion and buildup that leads to goals. Barca did neither today nor did they do it at Stamford Bridge. They hardly dominated the game. The ball bounced around the center of the field for probably like 75 minutes of the game.

Ronaldo's chance on a volley in the first ten minutes, even though it came from a sloppy buildup down the left side was probably the best chance of the game. If it wasnt for Pique, United would have been able to walk through the middle everytime.

Success in my game comes from possesion and buildup that leads to goals.

Please forgive my earlier implications and I couldnt agree more. At the same time that's pretty much the nature of team sport in my view. Owning the ball will almost always create more chances.

Having said that, I think the tactical approach to this game is now more geared towards preventing goals rather than the free flowing styles which got me to fall in love with it in the first place.

Today was no different and I agree with your assessment that the ball bounced around for most of the game. I just felt that Barca had more chances and I thought they showed far more composure/control over the course of the match.

And it was pretty boring asfuck. Soccer'd.

Oh yeah. I still think Barca had the better chances than ManU. Much better. Bias? Maybe.

(Please note, as for my earlier opinions in this thread, they are not framed in such a way because ManU lost. I say what I see. Call me "wasted" if you want, its a fair assessment about now.)

Booche if you see my first post today with the lineups you'll see where I am at...at the bottom I wrote about both teams playing 4-3-3. When I saw that I got geared up for attacking from both sides back and forth. Didnt happen though and left me feeling more like it was a round robin game rather than cup final. Im just bummed out because I expected more from that game.

I hear ya bud. That's soccer.

None the less, congrats again to Barca. They played a great game to win and that is all that matters for them. Around the 2/3rds mark they gave ManU a false impression that they were going into a protect shell with a 1-0 lead. Even I was salivating at the prospect of additional chances due to pressured possesion but they opened up the middle part of the field because of it and took advantage.

I didnt really think the game was as exciting as it could have been. Mostly played in midfield and Barca's two goals really came from nothing, no-build up or posession. Man U had better chances and just couldnt finish after strong build up play. Overall a decent game but not stellar. IMO that is.

I agree with that. Park should have scored on the empty net. Ronaldo should have bagged at least one of his chances (nevermind the wasted kick they gave to Giggs). Berbatov had a chance at a header. So did Vidic. Just to name a few.

Didn't like the introduction of Paul "Yellow Card" Scholes. That was a white flag, wasting a sub to give an old boy one last glory.

Decent final while it was 1-0. Not very gripping at the end.