Jambands.ca

Anyone wanna do Tour de Greenbelt?

Schwa.

Schwa., i'll do 'er with ya! we can ride and smoke doobs, right? ;)

That's affirmative, although 65 clicks is a good ride. i checked it out though and the first 40km or so is pretty flat :) Doob friendly, if you will. I smell a new Petite Orange!! And camping afterwards seals it for me. I'll be in contact after the Burn buddy, some training is in order....we'll ride some too ;)

How long would that take?

Knowing myself only, i anticipate about 1.5 hours for the flat part and 2.5 for the rest....that is a concentrated, no stop ride mind you.

I'd even round it up to 5 hours cuz, knowing myself, i'm stopping for rest brakes and the accoutrement's that the route has to offer.

How come they have to post those green and white green belt signs.Could it be that they are posted in the most heavily populated area of Canada and the green is gone ,i would love to meet anyone that thinks that is Ontarios green belt ,it used to be that over 22 years ago .Urban sprawl from niagra Falls to Oshawa is now one continous city for the most part.Have fun biking ,not slagging on your trip just those signs always get to me.

Edited by Guest

I think the greenbelt initiative is to preserve what green southwestern Ontario has left. Of course it's not as green as the north, but then it's not a 'belt' up there...more of a shirt.

As far as the signs go, no idea, but i will say that any and all scenery killing billboards irk me far far more than any greenbelt sign ever will.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm doing the Burlington to St. Catherine's ride on my fixed with a few Kitchener buds...

All we Kitchener folks should carpool...

I've gotta upgrade Tigger's shifters before his bike is fit for such an undertaking...I think I was supposed to call him last night about that but I was too demoed from Cheech and Chong on Saturday...