Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah yeah yeah. He's an AHL call-up who has played all of 11 minutes in the NHL. He's been to maybe 1 NHL practice. If he stays up once Blake is healthy, my apologies, he's an NHL-er.

From what the Star said, a couple Sens were jawing at Deveaux, but Deveaux didn't take the bait.

Also:

3-AADD7168.jpg

Good question Ad. I would agree that he has lots of talent, but I am not sure that he is worth what he is being paid. It is a very long deal and a lot of money and I think that the money could be spent on a better and more consistent player. That being said, he still is a top tier player in the NHL.

You cant deny Spezza's talent. I bet any team in the league would want him.

Didn't Bryan Murray come out and say that he tried to trade him to any team, but only received horrible offers in return, or nothing at all?

Maybe to reiterate: "I bet any team would want him, but at nowhere near $8M per season considering his current level of play."

I think he's proved that he CAN be worth it, but his consistency or lack thereof does indeed lead directly to your point that perhaps a lower salary with more bonuses would be the best structure for him. Although I have no idea if that is even possible under the CBA / Cap system.

uh, Sens forum. :)

Bonuses go against the cap at the end of the year and my best guess as to why GM's are rarely employing tie in directly to their bottom line, meaning, they would rather know exactly what they are dealing with when it comes to making 'necessary' trades near the end of the season.