Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa! That was a wild one tonight. Six goals against the Habs?!?! The Leafs were seemingly relentless tonight and had a lot of energy compared to their last game. They had the Habs scrambling a lot of the time and were beating them to the puck all over the place.

Did you catch Cherry after the game? I really like how he showed the little bit of bullshit that Grabovsky gave to Price to show the reasoning as to why the Habs were going after him in the third period. Put things into perspective. I don't think they caught that during the broadcast.

Coach's Corner was sad. Never do I recall seeing so many names of fallen soldiers in the past few years. :(

Les Brahs were dummied last night. They looked really off.

I really like how he showed the little bit of bullshit that Grabovsky gave to Price to show the reasoning as to why the Habs were going after him in the third period.

THANK YOU! I was dying to know why the boys were giving it to him. The best theory we could come up with was thinking he facked someone's wife whilst in MTL.

Grabovsky was not like in Montreal at all. He had a bad attitude and did not want to play on the 3rd or 4th line. He also felt he should have been on the Power Play. He wasn't at fit for Montreal at this time, he is looking good in TO though.

A lot of what we saw on the ice against him was personal from the Habs players, he was really that disliked.

Wilson is calling on the league to review the Kosto hit from behind on Van Ryn...

I am biased to the Habs, Van Ryn saw that Kosto was coming, and was trying to stop to change directions, and exposed himself along with his numbers... it ended up being a nasty hit for that reason, but there was no intent to do so... 5 and a game seem to warrant the result, but further suspension, not a chance...

Now when you purposely go in with a butt end, and intend to hit a guy in the balls with it, that's intent, and should be reviewed... Had he got Pricer in the face, it would be suspension time... they have to start suspending intent, not just injury resulting..

Keeps your head up Grabs, a lot of Habs are just waiting for an opportunity to eat ya now...it's a long season

Guest Low Roller

I also thought that Van Ryn turned his back right before the hit, probably in a bid to protect the puck with his body, and Kosto had little chance to stop his momentum. But Kosto also gave Van Ryn a shove into the boards, something which he could have avoided. That fact alone will get him the suspension.

Here's the video. Judge for yourself.

he should have kept going round the net.. turning back when you know you are going to get hit is stupid.

kosto is not that kind of player. he couldnt do much, van ryn goes to head round the net kosto starts to throw the hit and then he tries to reverse and gets hit.

leafs smoked them.. wilson has them working really hard..

grabs isnt gonna last long if he keeps that shit up though.

Id have to say the hit was dirty. Regardless of what VanRyn did to "fool" TK (even if he decided to go around the net, would TK have just continued full throttle into the boards then? Doubt it.) It such a common play (chasing the puck in to the boards) that those types of hits would happen 5 times a game, every game, if the attacking forwards didnt know to stop themselves, or at least let-up a bit.

Honestly, Id say the same thing if the roles were reversed.

Now when you purposely go in with a butt end, and intend to hit a guy in the balls with it, that's intent, and should be reviewed... Had he got Pricer in the face, it would be suspension time... they have to start suspending intent, not just injury resulting..

That's not how it happened. Did you see it?? He was screening price standing in front of him, outside of the crease (not Avery-style ). Price was pissed and smacked him in the back of the head with his trapper. That was when Grabovsky gave him the butt-end. Not excusable, but not quite the way you described it ;)

The Habs will have a lot to prove in the next match-up. Should be sweet. They won't go down 2 in a row to Toronto like that.

Grabovski seemed to thrive on the attention the Habs were giving him. To his credit, he didn't back down either. The butt-end was cheap. I'm sure he'll get grief for that one ;)

What was with the Habs taking almost 8 minutes into the game to register the first shot? Ended up 41-20 in favour of the Leafs. Unheard of compared to recent years. Always drove me nuts that the Leafs would get outshot in almost every game. Now they are on an 11-game run of being on top of that stat.

Now when you purposely go in with a butt end' date=' and intend to hit a guy in the balls with it, that's intent, and should be reviewed... Had he got Pricer in the face, it would be suspension time... they have to start suspending intent, not just injury resulting..[/quote']

That's not how it happened. Did you see it?? He was screening price standing in front of him, outside of the crease (not Avery-style ). Price was pissed and smacked him in the back of the head with his trapper. That was when Grabovsky gave him the butt-end. Not excusable, but not quite the way you described it ;)

grab.jpg

See Price's tail as he is hitting him?? Grabs is all over the crease...

Kev, Grabovski initiated, the replay showed the 2nd spear, he did it twice, pic is the first:

Grabovski is in the crease (not outside like you said) and he has the stick pretty much up Price's asshole as Price is hitting him, picture speaks fot itself...

He'll get his...

I totally feel that Kosto didn't intend for the hit to be as bad as it was. It's too bad. It was an unlucky sequence for both players. However, if they are going to crack down on hits from behind, no matter what the circumstances, they have to do them equally. What PISSES me off is that if it was a "star" player making the hit nothing would be done (eg. Crosby, Malkin, etc.)

buh bye Mats. It's was good knowing ya. You're welcome back to visit anytime.

It's too bad you didn't get your name on The Cup with Detroit last year. Guess you'll be kicking yourself for that for a long time.

Remember, you don't want to become a rent-a-player and not play a whole season with one squad on your way to a championship ;)