Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

Guest Low Roller

Fun Fact: The Canadiens will pay a prorated portion of Schneider's $5.625 million salary. He becomes the team's second highest-paid player after Andrei Markov, who is making $5.75 million this season.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we'll be making any moves for a goalie, honest... I think the Halak experimenting has proved he can play one to two games consecutively well, but he won't be a #1 anywhere, anytime soon...

Stock value for Halak = very low (Booche likes the business talk terms)... might as well keep him

Jokinen jumps out as a strong possibility for us, he's 29, signed on for next year, making $5.5M... He's doen nothing for Phoenix this year, and we have assets to give up a plenty... make it happen Bob

Guest Low Roller

He regained his confidence by not fucking up the one shot he faced in his home town.

Bob Gainey reasoned that he still has room to maneuver for trade since O'Byrne was sent back down to Hamilton and Lang was placed on the injured reserve. Taking Schneider's salary into account the calculations look something like this:

Montreal Canadiens Salary Cap Statement (annual rate)

Starting Salary Cap Hit $55,635,301

Less: Robert Lang $(4,000,000)

Less: Ryan O'Byrne $( 941,667)

Add: Mathieu Schneider $ 5,625,000

Ending Salary Cap Hit $56,318,634

Cap Space $381,366

Bear in mind that this calculation only takes into account the full annual salaries of these players, and not the pro rata rate of the time they actually spent on the team. I think Bob has room for one more move but this time it won't be for picks. Mind you by dropping D'Agostini and Pacioretty back to Hamilton once Tanguay and Latendresse return will free up another $1,375,000 in cap space using the same criteria as explained above.

Fuck. I feel ready for my accounting exam.

Guest Low Roller

The calculations above assume that Tanguay's and Latendresse's salaries are still being counted. I looked into it, and both of them are on the IR, therefore in theory Bob is actually saving more money than previously thought.

Bring on Vinny!

Guest Low Roller

Here's an interesting change of topic: Price, Higgins, and Sergei are the new Theodore, Ribeiro, and Dagenais??

Jean Perron says that he has reliable sources which indicate that these three guys are non-stop partying, which is pissing off the veterans.

Also The Tits brothers are only brothers by name, as reportedly Big Tits has lost total control over his younger partying brother.

Guest Low Roller

You see, the thing is that you view this space as your own personal sandbox. Given that you're the bully around here and you won't play nice with others, then I'll just keep pissing in the sand as a form of sweet revenge.

That's right. You play with my pee.

You disgust me.

Here's an interesting change of topic: Price, Higgins, and Sergei are the new Theodore, Ribeiro, and Dagenais??

Jean Perron says that he has reliable sources which indicate that these three guys are non-stop partying, which is pissing off the veterans.

Also The Tits brothers are only brothers by name, as reportedly Big Tits has lost total control over his younger partying brother.

FUCK!! The veterans party just as much. Though it may affect the players play somewhat it is a lame excuse.

First off, I am not going to start spouting bullshit like you do when it comes to the cap. You dont even know the damn cap rules regarding IR as evidenced above! Not to mention never answering my question........

Secondly, I dont have the numbers in front of me and I am not going to look for them but I do have common sense and knowing the Habs have been close to the max all season and are replacing Lang's salary with Schneider's tells me one thing.

The Habs have almost zero wiggle room. It doesnt take an executive mba to figure that out and there is no pretense in my analysis.

Unlike sooooooooome of us.

::points directly at Low Roller for all to see::

Before the Schneider move the Habs had $72,405 in wiggle room THIS year. They have a max injury allowance of 983,364 for this year.

Ottawa has nearly 4mil in cap space. Toronto 7.2.

Keep in mind these numbers are for this year only and will change because of Schneider.

The Habs have the least amount to move this season. They will need to cut salary to add more on.