Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Pretty obvious move if you ask me. Little Tits has been sucking of late, and is pretty much useless on a fourth line.

Greg Stewart has been called up for the second time this season.

Markov and Hammer are both signed into next season, as is Price. Its mainly the top 6 forwards which are going to be a major concern but when you look at a team like the Rangers you cant help but think Les Brahs are in a much better position.

At least Komisaurus is playing himself into a cheaper contract compared to what he was probably offered late last summer and turned down. Koivu probably comes back cheaper or at the same rate but as for top line guys.........well, its not like they have any to begin with.

;)

Unlike our local bully, Roller's calculations and logic make sense to me, but none of us know all the rules in the cap era, not even our own ballz danglin in the breeze Booche :)

Unless an offical amount is posted by the Habs / the NHL, we'll never know how much wiggle room we have... were bonuses paid out in the past (it would affext current cap hit as well, sergei and Price are getting some sort of bonus structure)?

I think it's safe to say, that any move that can be made, will be for current players making almost the same amount as we would get in return... I think :P

Wow.

That's a bombshell alright! Either it smartens his ass up or there is something in the works. Color me completely shocked. Maybe Gainey will get rid of him for next to nothing if he is that cancerous right now. Then again, it wouldnt surprise me because the In Gainey I Trust mantra isnt floated as much as it used to be.

Roller's calculations and logic make sense to me

Further strengthing my position. Thank you.

I think it's safe to say, that any move that can be made, will be for current players making almost the same amount as we would get in return...

Further strengthing my position. Thank you.

::waits for Roller and MrBigTime to recalculate the Habs available salary cap space now that Kovalev is staying home::

lol

It's easy to try and read between the lines and think there is a trade brewing here.

If yes, it will be interesting to see who Gainey can get for Kovalev and possibly others.

If no, it will be VERY interesting to see how Kovalev responds to this. I personally don't think he will very well.

Unless an offical amount is posted by the Habs / the NHL, we'll never know how much wiggle room we have... were bonuses paid out in the past (it would affext current cap hit as well, sergei and Price are getting some sort of bonus structure)?

Uuuuuh, if you check out the link I posted it seems to cover a lot of bases including bonuses and IR. Checked out their numbers for a few other teams and they seem to be on top of it......

and really I'm just posting to help the picture MattyC posted off my screen.

Yeah, I use that site too, but it's not official, and doesn't factor in IR credits, and whether or not those bonuses were paid out for previous years or not (did they receive the performance bonus)...

I'm just saying, we can't be sure where were at, unless it was from a direct NHL source.

Now stop bothering me while me and Roller try to draw this up with crayons for Booche :P...

No refunds for Kovalev jerseys I may have sold you!

Komisarek is going to command around 4-5 mil easy. They're going to have to invest 15mil+ to keep Markhov, Hamrlik and Komisarek. Tough decisions await.

Getting back to an earlier conversation, I am far more afraid now following the Kovalev move especially because everyone knew Les Brahs were never going to resign him. Including his agent.

Tough love. Gainey Stamp'd.

Guest Low Roller

According to Le Journal De Montreal, Gainey still has around $2M in cap space to play with thanks to Lang being placed on long-term IR, which apparently means that the Habs can exceed the salary cap by the value of Lang's salary. Anyways, here is the article if you don't believe me.

According to Le Journal De Montreal, Gainey still has around $2M in cap space to play with thanks to Lang being placed on long-term IR, which apparently means that the Habs can exceed the salary cap by the value of Lang's salary. Anyways, here is the article if you don't believe me.

I still don't believe you. That article looks Greek to me ;)