Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

I guess it depends on your definition but giving away Huet for next to nothing was not a smart move on Gaineys part. If you never sat back and wished that trade didnt happen then that's that.

I understand why you think so. but also think you are a dumb fuck for thinking so. ;)

Haunting trades for me are more of the Leclair type variety where he dummied montreal every time he played them after. hypothetical hauntings? not so much.

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there is also a chance boston would have beat them. this whole haunting the team is bullshit.

Only because you mentioned Boston.....Do you think the Bruins are going trade Fernandez?

Pretty similar situation to the Habs last year. I'm going with no because it's fucking stupid to trade depth going to into the playoffs when things are going pretty well unless you're getting something that's absolutely key (which the Habs didn’t do).

Now that I've put that in writing, Fernandez is as good as gone and Tissue Man will crush me.

I also don't think Begin and the Huet trade are exact parallels (I still think the Huet trade was a big mistake).

Edited by Guest
grammar is important

but also think you are a dumb fuÇk for thinking so. ;)

That's fine because I am really glad you have been voicing your opinion for the whole world to see where you stand on the matter. Thanks buddy.

I also don't think Begin and the Huet are exact parallels

You are right. They arent. I am just bitter about giving away depth going into the playoffs for nothing in return.

Guest Low Roller

Interesting sidebar: picking Begin off of waivers was Gainey's second move as GM of the Habs back in Oct. 3rd, 2003. Pretty good waiver pick up.

Sadly Gainey's first move as GM was signing Pierre Dagenais.

They were putting Janik on waivers anyways so they could put him in the minors, not because of this Metropolit move... they planned to put him down there...

Don't understnad why Gainey didn't just put Begin on waivers, a 99 draft pick going nowhere ain't worth shit to the club...

And settle the fuck down on the Huet trade being such a horrible thing... he wanted Price to get the experience, good or bad, and he had no intention of signing Huet for this year anyhow at the price Huet wanted...

Price getting the crap beat out of him in the playoffs last year is a good thing in the long run for the club for years to come...

Now go ahead and do your Price bashing Booche :P

He's our #1 for years to come, no matter what you think... a 10-12 game slump for a player is way more noticeable in nets than any other position, especially on the NHL's most fannatical franchise...

Guest Low Roller

FYI- The Huet trade is linked to Schneider via the draft pick that they picked up for Huet. So that's kinda like setting up pots and pans by the door using Booche's home insurance analogy.

Edited by Low Roller

You own a house, right? Do you have insurance for that house?

That's why letting Huet go for next to nothing wasnt worth it.

Ok, I'll play your game :)

Let's say I have a fairly average 33 y/o brunette chick on the go, she's good in bed, and gets the job done most of the time, but don't see her as being the chick I want to be banging 3-4 years down the road. At the same time, I have this little 18 y/o super hotty who just moved in next door. She doesn't have too much experience (which can be a good thing too), but man, what a set of fucking tits on her!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I banged her a few times, and man, she was awesome!! There was few times she dissapointed me a bit, but nothing that can't be worked out with a little Kama Sutra and a set of handcuffs... Another great part about her, she has a 19 y/o blond roommate!! Not as stacked as the other, but European, and works out constantly!

My dilemma:

I can't keep the 33 y/o and the 18 y/o at the same time, because the 18 y/o needs a lot action in order to get better in bed, and can't be in the room when I'm banging the 29 y/o (I asked, she said no...)... I want her to be one of the greatest screws ever anyhow, and not learn from this other average chick...

However, if I ditch the 33 y/o, and set her up with my buddy, then my buddy will hook me up again sometime down the road...and I get to keep the super hottie and make her better, the confidence the 18 y/o will get will only make her want to perform better next time around... sweeet!

and as a bonus, I save the european for when she's out of town... :P

I know which way I'd go with this decision :)

Edited by Guest

You own a house' date=' right? Do you have insurance for that house?

[/quote']

Let's say I have a fairly average 33 y/o brunette chick on the go, she's good in bed, and gets the job done most of the time, but don't see her as being the chick I want to be banging 3-4 years down the road. At the same time, I have this little 18 y/o super hotty who just moved in next door. She doesn't have too much experience (which can be a good thing too), but man, what a set of fucking tits on her!!! WOOOHOOO!!! I banged her a few times, and man, she was awesome!! There was few times she dissapointed me a bit, but nothing that can't be worked out with a little Kama Sutra and a set of handcuffs... Another great part about her, she has a 19 y/o blond roommate!! Not as stacked as the other, but European, and works out constantly!

My dilemma:

I can't keep the 33 y/o and the 18 y/o at the same time, because the 18 y/o needs a lot action in order to get better in bed, and can't be in the room when I'm banging the 29 y/o (I asked, she said no...)... I want her to be one of the greatest screws ever anyhow, and not learn from this other average chick...

However, if I ditch the 33 y/o, and set her up with my buddy, then my buddy will hook me up again sometime down the road...and I get to keep the super hottie and make her better, the confidence the 18 y/o will get will only make her want to perform better next time around... sweeet!

Fuck... this scenario just made me cry

Guest Low Roller

Quick factoids in between the hilarity:

Metropolit is signed through the 2009-2010 season for $1,000,000 per year. The Habs website says that he'll wear #15, the number tainted by Sergei Samsonov.

You own a house' date=' right? Do you have insurance for that house?

[/quote']

My dilemma:

Good stuff here. Well put.