Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Novel idea by Carboner at practice today: Dandy played as a defenceman. Where does Carboner get all these crazy ideas from??

Poor Jaro. I mean, seriously.

Canadiens head coach Guy Carbonneau has decided to start Carey Price against the Dallas Stars on Sunday night, his third straight start.

Price lost his last two starts, but put in a good effort against the Atlanta Thrashers on Friday night, but his teammates generated no offence in a 2-0 loss.

Jaroslav Halak, who has won his last four starts, will watch from the bench despite being fully recovered from a battle with the flu.

Guest Low Roller

Jaro deserves better than this.

Although I am not aware of the politics behind the scenes, I am getting tired of some of Carboner's decisions.

Thank you. All that penalty trouble at the end of the first and start of the second scared the bejesus out of me. Fantastic work on the penalty kill. I hope Carey's worst is behind him and it looks, for now, that Guy made the right call. Good job Pricer. Hab fans are breathing a slight sigh of relief.

Guest Low Roller
I'm not Don Cherry. And I disagree with 90 per cent of what he thinks and says.

But when an "energy" player bitch-slaps your captain and threatens to run you out of the building, something has to be done.

Big Georges Laraque would have skated up and down the ice politely asking Steve Ott if he'd care to drop his gloves and engage in an impromptu exhibition of the manly art of self-defence.

Gregory Stewart mugged him.

Now that's a hockey game folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The first 15 minutes hemmed in our zone, taking a beating on the receiving end of over 50 HITS!, a season record, our Habs were under fire and it looked like a rout was at hand. Add the recent and at times prolonged slump, the demise of our supposed #1, the inconsistent play of the fwds... the defense.... the coach... the goalies... the trainers.. the weather... the govt.... the economy... obama... did I miss anything?

yeah the sky was falling on the Habs and to top it off, the biggest shi(*&^T disturber, star crippler was running rampant rubbing salt in the wound, gas to the fire arsonist making a mockery of our storied franchise, an ultimate heavy weight punk terrorizing the western conference named OTT.... who would have thought we'd sink this low.

But then something changed, something akin to the earth tilting on its axis, somebody GOT MAD...MAD DAMMIT!!!, and i'm not talking about the millions of FANS WHO ARE MAD!!!, the millions of HIO poster that ARE MAD!..the GHOSTS of our glorious past MAD!!

A tough Canadian Kid, with a heart of Canadian GOLD, PASSION was sitting there and deep inside he said I'M NOT GONNA TAKE THIS SHI*(&%^T ANY MORE!

General Carb unleashed this mighty Steed....and our season changed.

Folks, it wasn't the turning point of the shift, nor the period, nor the game, nor the month, nor the SEASON!!!...

IT WAS THE TURNING POINT OF THE FRANCHISE!!!

It is the tip of the iceberg of whats coming, the N.A.G. Youth Movement, and its long overdue.

STEWY, thank you for showing some greatness from the past...

and again, lets thank KOVY, who I've repeatedly said during the best and worst of time, we would be half the team we are without the GREAT KOVY.

Good to see PRICEY take the challenge, great to see PAX & D'AGS continue their onslaught, nice to see the lines as they should be, we can thank Carb for something can't we?, and great to see OBRYNE being a man.

I feel good about the Habs again... for the right reasons, and there is nothing wrong with that.