Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum 08/09

badams

Follow my logic like you follow The Dead, then we'll get somewhere.

Cheating is when you gain an unfair advantage over an opponent by breaking the rules, right? When you get caught breaking the rules, you no longer have an advantage; you have a disadvantage. So once you get caught, you're no longer cheating, you're just another victim of the rules.

It makes perfect sense to me.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheating is when you gain an unfair advantage over an opponent by breaking the rules, right?

You are CHEATING.

When you get caught breaking the rules, you no longer have an advantage; you have a disadvantage. So once you get caught, you're no longer cheating, you're just another victim of the rules.

You CHEATED.

It makes perfect sense to me.

Yup, either way you're a CHEAT :P Just because you got caught doesn't mean you're not a cheater.

Follow my logic like you follow The Dead, then we'll get somewhere.

Ah, isnt that cute? This may be the first time I ever tell you that you are awesome. Even the purest of romantics compromise.

Ben Johnson would have cheated whether or not he got caught. Was he the victim or the crime? His actions were a crime and he became a victim because of it.

Good 'ol Begin scored a goal and was selected the first star of the game against Carolina on Thursday.

Thank you. I saw that as well and tipped my hat to him but I have to be honest.

I may not have agreed with the trade at the time but I certainly have warmed up to the Glen Metropolit waiver pickup. That dude is solid on the faceoff (much needed), plays great on the 4th or 3rd line, depending, and is solid upgrade on the penalty kill. He is one smart hockey player and also takes the body.

Begin used to try and run guys through the boards but Metro definitely knows how to rub them out and maintain good positioning. Well, that is what I have seen thus far. I'm liking him. Solid player.

It now looks like Gainey made the right move. Have a player in the press box or someone who is going to get important minutes?

Guest Low Roller
Thank you. I saw that as well and tipped my hat to him but I have to be honest.

I may not have agreed with the trade at the time but I certainly have warmed up to the Glen Metropolit waiver pickup. That dude is solid on the faceoff (much needed), plays great on the 4th or 3rd line, depending, and is solid upgrade on the penalty kill. He is one smart hockey player and also takes the body.

Begin used to try and run guys through the boards but Metro definitely knows how to rub them out and maintain good positioning. Well, that is what I have seen thus far. I'm liking him. Solid player.

It now looks like Gainey made the right move. Have a player in the press box or someone who is going to get important minutes?

Good assessment of the move. I haven't watched enough games recently to develop an opinion on Metro. However here is follow-up question: If Gainey fired Carbonneau first, would he still have traded Begin?

Guest Low Roller

With Latendresse coming back soon, and Laraque possibly as well, who is going to stay up and who will be going back down to Hamilton?

A major clue came from the clear day roster announced by the Bulldogs last week. A player not on the clear day roster cannot participate for the rest of the season and the playoffs. Players in residence can only play if up to three players from the clear day roster are injured, called up, or suspended.

Forwards: Mathieu Aubin, Kyle Chipchura, David Desharnais, Mike Glumac, Sergei Kostitsyn, Yannick Lehoux, Ben Maxwell, Max Pacioretty, Ryan Russell, Greg Stewart, Brock Trotter, Ryan White

Defencemen: Shawn Belle, Mathieu Carle, Alex Henry, Dan Jancevski, Doug Janik, T.J. Kemp, Yannick Weber, J.T. Wyman

Goaltenders: Marc Denis, Cedrick Desjardins

Players in Residence but not on the Clear Day list: Chad Anderson, Thomas Beauregard, Andrew Conboy, Ryan Flinn, Steve Gainey, Ryan Kinasewich, Olivier Latendresse, Tyler Shelast, Mark Van Guilder

If you notice, Matt D'Agostini did not make this list, whereas Stewart, Pacioretty, and Little Tits did. It can therefore be reasoned that D'Agostini will stay up with the Habs for the rest of the season, otherwise he's in no-man's land.

Edited by Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

Some twisted lines for tomorrow's game:

Latendresse OR Tanguay / Koivu / Big Tits

Dagger / Plex / Pax

Higgins / Lapierre / Kovy

Dandy / Metro / Stew

Kosto sits.

Tangy has got the Kovy virus, so therefore is an unknown. If he can play then Latendresse will take his place. Otherwise Latendresse sits.

Kovy on the 3rd line because Gainey doesn't want to disturb the 2nd line chemistry (WTF?)

Tonight she's as big as it gets so far this season. Tell-tale sign contest. You heard it hear first.

Actually it's been all over the media the last couple of days. Even Gainey mentioned it during his press conference yesterday. I guess you were the first to post it on this board so I will give you that :)

A point a game ain't enough.

If the Sabres and Panthers keep playing the way they're playing then a point a game is more than enough to make the playoffs.

The way the standings are now, the Habs are way better off finishing 8th than 7th (but I think the Devils will finish first overall so if that's the case I pity the team that finishes 8th).