Jambands.ca

Needed: Music triva Q&A

DevO

Hey all!

I need to come up with 10 questions for a pub trivia night that my team is hosting. (We won the last one so we make the questions for this one).

I am in charge of the "music" category.. Unfortunately I'm finding I am insanely busy with work right now and thought I'd see if I could get some of you to offer some Q&A.

Anyone got anything for me? Keep it relatively simple I guess..

Q: Who was the only person to ever sit in on a Cream show?

A: Jimi Hendrix (If I recall correctly)

Q: What was the name of the original Bass player for The Beatles?

A: Stuart Sutcliffe

Q: Deep Purples song "Smoke On The Water" was inspired by a fire that broke out at a concert by..

A: Frank Zappa

Q: Eric Claptons song "Layla" was written about which famous musicians wife?

A: George Harrison

Q: Elvis Presley wrote how many original songs?

A: 0

This one is kinda easy, although you could shuffle or drop some of the names.

Q: What do the following muscians have in common: Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Janice Joplin, Robert Johnson, Jim Morrison, Ron Pigpen McKernan?

A: They all died at age 27.

Q: How did Yardbird frontman Keith Relf die?

A: He was electrocuted by his guitar

Thanks dudes! I had to do this quickly. I took a bunch of yours and made up some of my own. A lot of your questions are way too music nerd esque.. No offense meant of course. Takes one to know one. ;)

Here's what I went with:

Q: Who makes a guest appearance on pedal steel guitar on Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young's 1970 hit song "Teach Your Children"?

A: Jerry Garcia

Q: Eric Clapton's song "Layla" was written about the wife of which famous musician?

A: George Harrison (of The Beatles)

Q: Elvis Presley wrote how many original songs?

A: zero

Q: Spell "Lynyrd Skynyrd"

A: "Lynyrd Skynyrd"

Q: Name the famous Nigerian musician who popularized "afro beat" music in the 1970s.

A: Fela Kuti

Q: This South African male choral group accompanied Paul Simon on his 1986 album "Graceland"

A: Ladysmith Black Mambazo

Q: The Festival au Désert (or Festival in the Desert) annual music festival is held in the Sahara Desert. In which country does this festival take place?

A: Mali (near Timbuktu)

Q: This 1930s Delta blues artist is often cited as "the most important blues musician who ever lived"

A: Robert Johnson

Q: What do the following muscians have in common: Jimi Hendrix, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Janice Joplin, Robert Johnson, Jim Morrison, Ron Pigpen McKernan?

A: They all died at age 27.

Q: This man was the original singer for Australian rock band AC/DC, from 1974 until his 1980 death from alcohol poisoning. What was his name?

A: Bon Scott