Jambands.ca

pork tenderloin

AD

give me an easy recipe for something delicious involving pork tenderloin. recipe must not have exotic 'one use only' ingredients, (minimal ingredients is good), and must not use any crazy cooking techniques or equipment. also anything involving maple syrup gets bonus points.

GO!

what is the reason for boiling the onions before frying them?

I wondered that too. My guess is that it's because you're meant to use pearl onions, which maybe wouldn't cook completely if you just fried them whole (?). I used cippolini onions which are a little bigger than pearls, so I followed the boiling instructions and they turned out great. I wonder though if you could just roast the onions with the other veggies to save a step.

I wondered that too. My guess is that it's because you're meant to use pearl onions' date=' which maybe wouldn't cook completely if you just fried them whole (?). I used cippolini onions which are a little bigger than pearls, so I followed the boiling instructions and they turned out great. I wonder though if you could just roast the onions with the other veggies to save a step.[/quote']

Boiling pearl onions is to make them easier to peel.

I wondered that too. My guess is that it's because you're meant to use pearl onions' date=' which maybe wouldn't cook completely if you just fried them whole (?). I used cippolini onions which are a little bigger than pearls, so I followed the boiling instructions and they turned out great. I wonder though if you could just roast the onions with the other veggies to save a step.[/quote']

Boiling pearl onions is to make them easier to peel.

When girls get hot they're easier to peel too. ;)

• 4 weeks later...