Jambands.ca

This is Cabinet

SaggyBalls

SpinalTap_Edith_503.jpg

Nigel Tufnel: The numbers all go to eleven. Look, right across the board, eleven, eleven, eleven and...

Marty DiBergi: Oh, I see. And most amps go up to ten?

Nigel Tufnel: Exactly.

Marty DiBergi: Does that mean it's louder? Is it any louder?

Nigel Tufnel: Well, it's one louder, isn't it? It's not ten. You see, most blokes, you know, will be playing at ten. You're on ten here, all the way up, all the way up, all the way up, you're on ten on your guitar. Where can you go from there? Where?

Marty DiBergi: I don't know.

Nigel Tufnel: Nowhere. Exactly. What we do is, if we need that extra push over the cliff, you know what we do?

Marty DiBergi: Put it up to eleven.

Nigel Tufnel: Eleven. Exactly. One louder.

Marty DiBergi: Why don't you just make ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder?

Nigel Tufnel: [pause] These go to eleven.

f-cabinet-full-cp-584.jpg

Wikipedia - Canadian Cabinet, 2008 -

"Throughout the 20th century Cabinets had been expanding in size until Brian Mulroney's government, which hit the 40-minister mark. A reduction in the number of departments initiated by Kim Campbell began to reduce this number, and Jean Chrétien excluded approximately 10 members of the Ministry from the formal Cabinet, so that by 1994 there were only 23 members. This number has crawled upwards again, and when Paul Martin reincorporated all members of the Ministry into his first Cabinet, it again resulted in the figure of 39 being reached. The number 40 appears to be something of a psychological barrier to further expansion. Cabinet membership stands today (2008) at 38."

I thought C's wanted smaller government? I know the L's did it but that should be even more reason not to follow suit, yeah? And what's with Chretien having the smallest, ahem, cabinet in recent memory? I thought he was all about getting involved our lives and shit with big gov's? How much do these guys cost anyways? Is it expensive to have 15 extra ministers? I know Martin liked to say he was saving dough, but it seems expensive to hold forty top dogs in your kennel. I woulda thought that these dudes would want less spending in hard economic times, not more... hmmm... I'm sure Flaherty's got it all figured out, now that the election is over and we can get real about hard economic times and the posibility of a deficit which the conservative government "Will not run"?!?!?!?!?

I must be confused.