Jambands.ca

TSN 2

misterh

TSN2 intentionally set the Raptors schedule with one game in mid-November and another not until mid-December, with 24 other games later in the year. The thinking was that the outcry from fans missing the November game would prompt Rogers to cave before the game in December. Rogers is a title sponsor of the Raptors, and TSN knows it is an embarrassment to MSLE and Rogers if the games could not be seen by the majority of fans in the home market.

Reports have indicated that TSN is asking for too much money to carry the channel, although the competition with Sportsnet is certainly a factor.

This TSN2/Rogers debacle just adds to the embarrassment and frustrations.

Noobs.

RDSHD. That is all.

Yup exactly... waited for ever for RDSHD, and we are still waiting, finally jumped ship to Bell after seeing the same fiasco happening with TSN2.. Not that I prefer being with Bell, had a great deal with Rogers, but as soon as you cut out 2 really good HD sport channels, see ya...

There was never a "cut out 2 good HD sport channels" scenario for Rogers subscribers in southern Ontario since RDSHD was never available. I've considered Bell since I work under the CTV/Bell conglomerate, but signals often cut-out in bad weather plus Bell generally has to add/pay again when new HD channels are added whereas Rogers "generally" does not. I hate both companies with an unholy passion though, but the Rogers looks very very good.

There was never a "cut out 2 good HD sport channels" scenario for Rogers subscribers in southern Ontario since RDSHD was never available.

It's still not available on Rogers anywhere, and never ever was there... what I meant was, cut out 2 channels from my viewing pleasure, which are readily available with other service providers (Videoton, Bell, and even Cogeco got both RDSHD + TSN2) but Rogers continues to not offer them, as it competes directly with Rogers Sportsnet, that is the main reason I can see...

Dave, all I am doing is relaying the information I have gathered from Michael Grange, Doug Smith and others in their articles.

Anyhow, this is nothing more that a negotiation tug-of-war. It'll get settled and Rogers will pick up TSN2, but from the articles I have read this will not happen until December.

This, from today's Doug Smith blog:

Here’s one to maybe put a damper on the day:

Next Sunday’s game against Miami is being broadcast by TSN2. And that means that no Rogers subscriber in Toronto will be able to see it at home.

I talked to a couple of people in the middle of last week and there had been no movement on the impasse. Rogers is being intractable in the talks, I’m told. TSN has somehow convinced just about every other cable and satellite broadcaster in the country to take TSN2, Rogers is the lone holdout.

Figure out who’s the villain in this travesty yet?

I’m looking directly at Rogers. And you should be, too.

I’m going to try to get someone, anyone, on the record over there this week because I want to hear what their explanation is. Gimme a day or two to try and track it down.

But for now, make plans to go somewhere next Sunday to see the game ‘cause you probably won’t be able to sit in your Toronto house and see it.

Why not just switch to Bell? Just because of satelite vs cable?

My reception has been perfect so far, and made the switch after waiting over a year for RDSHD...

Rogers will only let you down when December comes and goes, kinda like cheering for the leafs...They will not release any updates, there were petitions and everything, but no Rogers response. Great price deals, horrible customer service and communication, but that goes for most big companies...