Jambands.ca

Sam Mitchell Finally Fired

Jakis

It wasn't all Sam's fault though. Colangelo has a point guard that can't play D and he signed two back-ups that aren't ready for the NBA at this point. You have Bargnani hit-or-miss on any given night and Anthony Parker pretty much terrible shooting-wise. Sam is guilty of not getting Kapono more involved. However, add to that O'Neal getting injured and what you get is a giant mess.

Triano won't be around for long though. And if the Raps don't get a proven good coach, they will have a really hard time signing Bosh.

This roster is just not good. Colangelo thinks it is the best Raptors team on paper, and that is horrifying.

Parker and Moon have done nothing this year. I mean, if Parker can't hit open threes, why does he insist on taking fade away turnaround 22 foot jumpers? Moon earned his spot on the roster by playing solid D and attacking the rim. Now he shoots threes and goes for every pump fake on the court.

Kapono flat out refuses to take three pointers, instead opting for the ever effective shot-fake-travel turnover move.

This isn't Sam's fault. Was he a great in-game coach? No, not even close. That said, Red Auerbach couldn't coach this team to the 50 wins Colangelo expected.

This roster is just not good. Colangelo thinks it is the best Raptors team on paper, and that is horrifying.

Parker and Moon have done nothing this year. I mean, if Parker can't hit open threes, why does he insist on taking fade away turnaround 22 foot jumpers? Moon earned his spot on the roster by playing solid D and attacking the rim. Now he shoots threes and goes for every pump fake on the court.

Kapono flat out refuses to take three pointers, instead opting for the ever effective shot-fake-travel turnover move.

This isn't Sam's fault. Was he a great in-game coach? No, not even close. That said, Red Auerbach couldn't coach this team to the 50 wins Colangelo expected.

Isn't it the coaches job to make players play at their best? Isn't he supposed to be a motivator, and isn't that what everyone said Smitch was good at, as opposed to being an X's and O's guy?

Why was Moon useful last year and not this year? Same for Parker.

Coach has to light a fire and there was no fire in Denver, thats for sure.

That being said - I should admit I know not a hell of a lot about b-ball and especially the plays.

It's an illusion that Moon was useful last year. He was, for the first 3-4 months. Since then, nothing. He got a contract extension, then sat on his lazy ass all summer long, and even showed up late for training camp.

Parker is a year older, and it is certainly showing.

Could we see a Bosh for Nash trade?

That would be the silliest move ever. Nash is past his prime and Bosh is a true MVP contender this year. Bosh is playing the best ball of his life. He's just getting better and better. Almost unstopple. Other teams are even triple teaming him in the post and he still gets plays off. Nash is done, and is at the point of his career to be a role model for a team.

That would be the silliest move ever. Nash is past his prime and Bosh is a true MVP contender this year. Bosh is playing the best ball of his life. He's just getting better and better. Almost unstopple. Other teams are even triple teaming him in the post and he still gets plays off. Nash is done' date=' and is at the point of his career to be a role model for a team.[/quote']

and what do the Raps need most right now? A good example. I think it's not a great move, but remember Colangelo at the helm, Bosh being unhappy, their reasonably similar salary levels (reasonably) and the new character of the team being running and fast breaks? Add to that Triano having worked with Nash before... I'm just sayin... we *could* see it.

That would be the silliest move ever. Nash is past his prime and Bosh is a true MVP contender this year. Bosh is playing the best ball of his life. He's just getting better and better. Almost unstopple. Other teams are even triple teaming him in the post and he still gets plays off. Nash is done' date=' and is at the point of his career to be a role model for a team.[/quote']

and what do the Raps need most right now? A good example. I think it's not a great move, but remember Colangelo at the helm, Bosh being unhappy, their reasonably similar salary levels (reasonably) and the new character of the team being running and fast breaks? Add to that Triano having worked with Nash before... I'm just sayin... we *could* see it.

Nash is 34 and declining...

Bosh is 24 and getting better...

Colangelo would ruin the reputation he has created by completing a trade like this. It would be great to see Nash come over to end his career but it would be at a much lower cost than what he makes now and not in a trade involving Bosh. As great as Nash has been he never took Dallas or Phoenix to a title game and this Toronto team has less talent than either of those teams.

And Toronto already can't play D, so losing one of their only two legit inside D-men would be a moronic move (even if they were at the same stage and age in their respective careers), especially when the guard you get back can't play D either. And where do you make up for 25-10 a night? Bargs? Humphries?