Jambands.ca

Dave Lauzon and Luna Allison to Headline Fifth Annual Chocolate House

SteveThe Owl

Dusty Owl Presents The Fifth Annual Amazing Chocolate House!

4 JANUARY 2009

2pm

Swizzles Bar & Grill, Ottawa

No Cover

Because Hunger Happens After Christmas

This year our friend Dave Lauzon, formerly of nero, is sharing the bill with special guest Luna Allison for a winter-warming afternoon of music, poetry, stories, chocolate, and help for the hungry of Ottawa.

This is a chance to enjoy the holidays the way you should, even if it's a little late -– with friends, live music, yummy chocolate treats, and refreshing chocolate drinks while supporting our local community.

This is our fifth annual fundraiser for The Ottawa Food Bank, so we ask you to bring along canned food, dry goods, toiletries, baby food and cash donations to help others this holiday season.

And don't forget to bring your own poetry, stories, music, and rants to share in our open-mic set!

And did we mention there was going to be chocolate? Especially hot chocolate?

See you there!

Edited by Guest

Swizzles is stocked with a fine selection of beers, ales, spirits, and wines (okay, so the wines aren't the greatest) but they also have a fine selection of soft drinks and fruit juices as well as tea and coffee if you aren't in the mood to drink (keep in mind this is the middle of the afternoon).

That being said, the emphasis here is to help out a good cause while having a good time in the process... and I am in a position unsuitable to tell you how to have a good time... hope to see you there! Hoot-hoot!

Swizzles is stocked with a fine selection of beers, ales, spirits, and wines (okay, so the wines aren't the greatest) but they also have a fine selection of soft drinks and fruit juices as well as tea and coffee if you aren't in the mood to drink (keep in mind this is the middle of the afternoon).

That being said, the emphasis here is to help out a good cause while having a good time in the process... and I am in a position unsuitable to tell you how to have a good time... hope to see you there! Hoot-hoot!

Dually noted my friend. As I said in my first post, I am aware of what a worthwhile cause this is and I have never been one to deny the shirt off my back and never will be. That being said, KitKat, my boss, a few co-workers, and myself will be there with ample donations for the less fortunate. Happy Xmas! Looking forward to this.

Thomson: here's some directions from the first house I remember living in as a child to Swizzles in Ottawa. Hope it helps.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Orangeville&1s=ON&1a=47+Marion+Street&1z=L9W2T1&2c=Ottawa&2s=ON&2a=246+Queen+Street

Hey Steve,

Is this by any chance tiny little child friendly? I'd love to see this and I'd love for little trey to see dave play but I also know that it's a bar so generally kids aren't allowed (he's still to young to be influenced by things like bad language and such so that's not a problem yet).

Assuming things go according to plan (I'm nervously glancing at the long-range forecast, keeping last year's near-catastrophe in mind) Dave should take to the stage between 2 and 2:30 and should be wrapping up by 3:30, depending on how he is so inclined... I'm actually leaving the length of the set up to him.

They are calling for 10cms of snow on Sunday. Making the likelihood of me showing up in a Bobcat very high. Does Swizzles have a parking lot that needs to be plowed?

Forget the plowing, does anyone have a water-ski tow rope and a snowboard we could borrow for the afternoon?

Aloha,

Brad

Thomson: here's some directions from the first house I remember living in as a child to Swizzles in Ottawa. Hope it helps.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Orangeville&1s=ON&1a=47+Marion+Street&1z=L9W2T1&2c=Ottawa&2s=ON&2a=246+Queen+Street

You are hilarious! Thank for the detailed directions WeeJig. I'm driving form Waterloo to Ottawa that day and I know I ain't getting up early enough to be in Ottawa by 2:30. Shame.

They are calling for 10cms of snow on Sunday. Making the likelihood of me showing up in a Bobcat very high. Does Swizzles have a parking lot that needs to be plowed?

Forget the plowing' date=' does anyone have a water-ski tow rope and a snowboard we could borrow for the afternoon?

Aloha,

Brad[/quote']

Hmmm...

Hey Everyone --

Apologies to everyone who had their heart set on Sunday... between the crappy weather, the fact the bus strike still feels like it has blindsided us, and the fact that so many people who have wanted to be there will be out of town, we felt increasingly as though Dave wouldn't have the audience he deserves and the Food Bank wouldn't end up with everything we felt we should have provided for it.

Last details are being worked out, but 4 January is our new date, and we may have a few new surprises added.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
Hey mattm --

Wee kidlings have been in the audience at past Dusty Owls and particularly Chocolate Houses, so feel free to carry on the tradition...

Hope all three of you can be there! Miss youse!

Rock on! I should bring Princess RJ, then. STO should drop us what, 4 blocks from the place?

Bradm, can you be a sweetie can give me a call on Saturday evening? I'd forget my head if I didn't leave it under my hair.

Arcane -- The STO will drop you off ywo blocks north, on Wellington... I think the stop is somewhere around the intersection of Kent Street.

bradm -- Call me tonight or early tomorrow if you don't have any luck with a ride... I may have money to reimburse cab fare, although I can't make promises there...

Look forward to seeing you all tomorrow... it's been a while!