Jambands.ca

In the end it always boils down to money

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

RDS is reporting that Sundin will be coming back to the NHL with the Canucks who, as everyone remembers offered the largest, most ridiculous contract for his services.

You cant say that because you dont know for sure and you are pissed because he might not sign with Les Brahs (as am I but I aint gonna judge, he put his time and love into this game).

There are alot of positives signing in Vancouver. If I am Sundin and I am looking at MTL and the Rangers, I dont see the best goalie in the game. I do in Vancouver. Their record speaks for itself and they are playing in a much different conference. By "different" I mean "better".

Cup considerations yo. Fact.

$UNDIN!!!!!

I love it! I can't blieve that Sundin would sign with anyone but the Leafs! the new Gm Burke I was sure would attract our captain back to us fuck! I've been watching the games this season patiently, knowing that all we needed was $undin to come back and we would be playoff contenders, but this news I 've been forced to make a comment on. It's truly awful and the end of an era in tonrotno..... :(

Last I heard was that he was meeting with the Rangers last Friday.

If he plays in the NHL this year and doesn't sign a multi-year contract, he can consider himself a "rental player" just like he said he didn't want to be (and he could have won a Cup with Detroit).

Sundin just piss or get off the pot already.

He is not a leader of any kind

[color:purple]Yeah, he's never won World Championships or a Gold medal while being the captain for Team Sweden.

Pffffffffffft. I get a kick out of people saying he aint a leader. Please. Outside of me and Whitey, this thread is full of blabbering idiots.

Booche, come on. When a guy states in public, numerous times, that he would NOT want to win a Cup with a team that he wasn't with from training camp, it should allow for a bit of questioning. The following season, if he joins an NHL team, he will have missed training camp and almost half a regular season!

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked Sundin (well, maybe not when he was playing with Alfie and took the Gold Medal from Canada in that infamous shootout) and supported him through his tenure with the Leafs. I'd just rather not hear from a player who is sitting on the fence trying to decide what to do and has to keep his cards close in order not to screw up a possible deal.

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked Sundin (well, maybe not when he was playing with Alfie and took the Gold Medal from Canada in that infamous shootout) and supported him through his tenure with the Leafs. I'd just rather not hear from a player who is sitting on the fence trying to decide what to do and has to keep his cards close in order not to screw up a possible deal.

Help. Seek it.

The way I understood Sundin is that he did not want to be traded at the trade deadline simply to be a rental player. I also gathered it's because he didnt know if he was going to return to the NHL so he wanted to end his career in Toronto if that were the case. And the way it was all playing out? That's obviously what happened because he left a TON of money on the table.

So he decides he wants to come back and the Leafs shut the door on him. Who cares if he is playing again and who he signs with? It's his decision and he is owed that from all the years he played in the league.

Deserve'd. Respect should not be lost but I dont expect that from most Leaf fans.

The fact is he has never done anything in the NHL to be given the credit the media and Leaf fans like to give him.

So I guess one needs to win a championship before they can be declared a leader? He captained Sweden as the beat a ton of NHL'ers to win Olympic gold. Before you go on, think about how happy you were when Canada finally won gold. Case closed.

Brad, you sound pissy for no reason at all. Let me actually give you one:

p1_dan_marino_getty.jpg

AND I FUCKING HATE THE LEAFS! FAAAAAAAACK!

I'm with LowRoller for sure... he's a selfish, greedy, lazy Swede.. fuck-him... He just wanted time off to screw his new wife...He'll be hurt in his first 3 games... He's back in Sweden now for the holidays, why get in shape to only take another 3 weeks off eating Streusel (that's probably German, but I have no idea what Swedes eat, but it will make Mats fat and more lazy)... I hate him