Jambands.ca

Tears for Fears

Ms.Huxtable

Guest Low Roller

It truly is a mad world. I guess they were hurting for the cash, and were head over heals in bills. Oh well, I shouldn't really shout at them, after all, everybody wants to rule the world.

[big Grin]

I have lost alot of respect for the band after reading this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...the band [Radiohead] were opening for '80s art-pop duo Tears For Fears. The headline act's roadies refused to allow Radiohead a soundcheck and, according to O'Brien in Q, "treated us like pigs". Fired up by too much time away, the aggression spilled over and the band ripped the stage apart during their performace. "There were all these great lights down the front and they were eminently kickable," remembered Yorke. Bizarrely, Tears For Fears then covered Creep during their encore. "Tears For Fears' Roland Orzabal changed the lyrics, saying he was special," claimed Colin...

- Tom Bryant

Q Magazine

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Disgusting.

Guest Low Roller

THOSE BASTARDS! I'm gonna rend their flesh from their bones for defiling Radiohead!

What was the date of said show? I can't find any evidence of Radiohead ever opening for Tears for Smears.

I remember when The Hurting first came out. What a phenomenal album at the time. This was what Circa 1985. My friend Steve's older brother even had on this new fangled thing called a Compact Disc it was supposed to have amazing sound. So what did we do, we copied it to cassette.

I was dissapointed with Shout. I always hated when my favorite bands hit it big with a single. Take Simple Minds they were never the same after Don't You Forget About Me. Ah the 80's. Where's my Desert Boots, Tapered Pants and bangs.

geez...I was just ramping up selling my limited edition EP of Sowing the Seeds on Ebay. Includes 1 glossy photo of Curt Smith and the original packaging with big marketing sticker.

It's either PERFECT timing, or a sign that I should hold onto it for another 10 years or sew.

Folk-rocker Gary Jules covered " Mad World " for the great cult movie Donnie Darko. It's one of the best covers I've ever heard. Buy the movie on DVD - it includes Jules' " Mad World " video; Donnie Darko is also a fuckin cool movie to own too.

I never liked Tears For Fears in the 80's but I think they're pretty good now. Roland Orzabal is a surprisingly good and imaginative guitarist.

Archived