Jambands.ca

My music site is up

localcrew

After way too long working on it my music website is up with two albums for your listening and more to come relatively soon.

Drop in and listen if you are so inclined. There is a forum if you would like to pipe up a suggestion or whatnot-I haven't listened to all the songs since being uploaded so let me

know if you notice any problems.

http://hydrophonica.com/

My Myspace site has also been updated with a new song and all the other songs that were on it have been remixed and should sound a little tighter.

http://www.myspace.com/dcmuir

Who am I? Dave Muir-you may know me from Longbottom and the Music Never Stopped if you're an Ottawa area person-I was the one with the guitar.....

Edited by Guest

Really good stuff Dave, thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed 'Highway', it has a real "saturday morning" feel it. I wish I could explain what I mean by that.

I couldn't get the other link to open but thats probally my computer since it's been acting up lately with certian websites.

it has a real "saturday morning" feel it. I wish I could explain what I mean by that.

A quick shot of Wild Turkey followed by a couple of Molson Ex's and then off to go ice fishing?

Thanks Dave. I will gladly check these out after work.

definitely check this out. You'll like the garcia-y influences.

glad to see another dude using the wimpy player!

The 97ish NYE Wakefield (I think?) gig was a total blast. Almost literally. The entire bar seemed to be smoking bombers inside all night long.

There was a good snowball fight in the parking lot afterwards. I was knocking hippies off their feet like I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16.

Thanks..

..I'll get all melancholy with those memories too and start raving in hyperbole (would hyperbolic have worked here?) if I'm not careful...may the silver snowflake of days gone by incapacitate every hippy in your parking lot of dreams....

....Duprees ?..hey we knew that song...

...real horns?....nope nothing real at all except guitars and bass....which song are you thinking of? I might be able to tell you what soft synth it is....

A quick shot of Wild Turkey followed by a couple of Molson Ex's and then off to go ice fishing?

While that does sound rather appetizing, especially for a saturday morning ice fishing trip, no, thats not quite what I mean.

Again, I wish I could explain exactly what I mean, its a personal description I guess and perhaps in hindsight not one for posting as I can't really explain myself. But, its a whole feel or *choke* do I say it - vibe that I really enjoy. Regardless, it was meant in only the best way as saturday and sunday mornings are perhaps my favourite times to listen to music.

I know exactly what you mean.

I see chords and songs with certain vibes/shades/colours and in fact one of the things I most aim to do when writing songs is to have them embody certain hard to describe character whether it is in nature or something less tangible.

I find it as hard to describe as you do. In fact I see that as one of the most valuable sides to music; the ability to speak to that stuff we all experience that goes beyond mere language and regular forms of communication.

Did you manage to get my main page to load? I don't think there's anything in it that would stop it from loading-it's a simple page with a graphic and four links.