Jambands.ca

cuba!

PalacePrincess

Oh yeah' date=' stick to Cuban currency when you are there. [/quote']

? Is it illegal to use American or Canadian (not that anyone wants Canuck Bucks but)?

From my understanding people are more than happy to take a tip not that you want to do that in front of the fuzz in a "communist" country.

US currency is frowned upon, although you'll see it at Havana's black market. Really though, there is no advantage (in fact it is probably the opposite) having US currency with you. Convert Canadian money before you leave or do it there, but if you do the latter, you won't get as good as deal.

I've stayed at the Melia Cayo Santa Maria and it was great. Really nice beach, great staff, the food was good. Did a few day trips that were fun.

We rented a car and drove to Havana. It took about 3 hours and was amazing. Took the cross country freeway that had virtually nobody on it and could drive as fast as that little french car would go.

Spent a couple days in Havana. It was great and I would recommend renting a car for a road trip.

A word to the wise. If you end up in a back alley in old havana to hook up some nuggets ,open the baggies to make sure what you got was actually herb and not ya-yo. Things can get a little heated when you refuse to pay $20 a gram for what you thought was herb.

does anyone have any specific travel tips or info to share on cuba? all inclusive, safe, all you can eat & drink, resort variety travel. haha. :)

Cuba is AWESOME. I've been 4 times now and will continue to return. It is VERY VERY VERY safe. Havana is absolutely glorious. Go before the Americans get back in there and ruin it.