Jambands.ca

Crackberries and the like?

c-towns

It all depends on what the person your sending the email to has their email notification set to. On a blacberry you can pretty much set it anything, vibrate, beep, your favourite song etc. So yes it's possible you could be waking someone when sending a late night email.

ike, I agree with that, but my point was in that case the fault would lie with the receiver, not the sender.

Agreed, and to go further, any incoming communication that isn't a phone call should not be able to wake up the receiver and if it does, it is the job of the receiver to fix this. Phone calls are understood to make noise but emails and other communication that can wait (and that means all text communication since if it can't wait then make a voice call) can come in at any point in the day. Further to this, any response to communication other than a direct call should NOT be expected immediately. If an immediate response is needed, make a voice call.

My $0.02

THere's no Blackberry's in the bedroom. Send email whenever you want, if it wakes them, they need to disconnect a little anyways. Sleeping and fucking take precedence over email anyfuckingtime.

and again in english

THere's no Blackberry's in the bedroom. Send email whenever you want, if it wakes them, they need to disconnect a little anyways. Sleeping and fucking take precedence over email anyfuckingtime.