Jambands.ca

Toronto Electro Party this week!

c-towns

Thursday April 9th, 2009

I went to this event last year and had a blast dancing my ass off to some crazy beats and top notch visuals.

tickets available through ticketbastard. PM me if anyone is interested in attending.

ca-0409-88111-front.jpg

Edited by Guest
awaiting dirtboys sketchy comments

it's not the acts as much as the venue... I always find when good acts are put in that environment they succumb to dumbing their music down to appeal the the masses.

It's actually a good line up more that I look at it... it's the venue that i dislike.

In Terms of Corporate comment:

Sharam has upcoming tracks include P. Diddy & Tommy Lee and is a part of the most successful US dance duo in history.

Edited by Guest

now, now.....

The venue sucks a dikk. The artists are fantastic, but you have to deal with the Guv, which many people really hate as a venue.

I've personally only been to the guv once and enjoyed it. This was when my friends all had the VIP booth next to the DJ. I'm pretty cool like that.

But I can easily see why Jay could be deterred enough by a venue to co0mpletely ignore a show, I was in the exact same boat. This was even further perpetuated by the other weeks cut-copy show at Circa.

Unfortunately even the best acts can be destroyed by a venue with shitty patrons.

To the guvs defense though, and despite it's sketchyness, you do not get the elbow throwing assholes that ruined the cut-copy show.

Truth be told the biggest thing stopping me from going was the cost, but I've sent jay's buddy an email to inquire what the reduced cover was... perhaps it will be low enough for me to get my post sedar groove on!

I saw Projekt 2 (sp?), a King Crimson side Project, years ago and it was great.

Saw the Orb, there, sound was aweful.

Sasha = several times, either bad sound or bad crowd depending on the occasion.

Tenaglia = atrocious crowd, good sound.

and on.

and on.

and on.

Liked it once, keep giving it 2nd, 3rd, 4th 5th chances but, IN MY OPINION, the Government sucks as a venue.