2:30PM Sonny Landreth Band with Cindy Cashdollar

3:30PM The Campbell Brothers Band

4:30PM Daniel Lanois

Break

7:00PM Dance Lesson - Light on Your Feet

8:00PM Light on Your Feet

Evening Schedule

9:00PM The Derek Trucks Band

I was down at Dundas Square last night and there was no promo for today's show. In yesterday's Star it mentioned that today's slide guitar show was running from 1-5. Let's just say Luminato and the Star ain't doing these great artists any favours.

I haven't seen a single article on the Blues/music component of Luminato that's even mentioned that Derek Trucks is playing. It appears to me that he's in a headlining slot trumping even Lanois (although Lanois would go over better in the afternoon and Trucks at night). I can understand the usual slag the 'jamband' crap but he did tour with Clapton after all putting him in a very small group and I don't know where he ranks amongst guitarists in Rolling Stone's top 100 but I'm sure he's in it.

I haven't seen a single article on the Blues/music component of Luminato that's even mentioned that Derek Trucks is playing. It appears to me that he's in a headlining slot trumping even Lanois (although Lanois would go over better in the afternoon and Trucks at night). I can understand the usual slag the 'jamband' crap but he did tour with Clapton after all putting him in a very small group and I don't know where he ranks amongst guitarists in Rolling Stone's top 100 but I'm sure he's in it.

He ranked #81, one spot ahead of David Gilmore.

Although in my books, Derek is Top 5 of his generation and near the top of all-time greatest slide guitarists.

What a day. That was FUN. Good meeting up with a bunch of people. Definitely feeling the effects of a full afternoon/evening of beers ;) Also, the impromptu smokefest in the empty pond outside of Ryerson :D

Nice having Tadeschi come out and play a bunch with DTB last night. She'll be back in town to play the Opera House on July 3rd.

Basher, I think I owe you a couple of beers :P I'm still full from dinner.

I first saw him when he was 12 too, but it was at the beer tent at The Ex. Heard the guitar first, then went in to see what it was all about. Some kickass kid was on stage rippin' it up. Could have been around the time of the ABB show at the CNE in 90?

I recall him getting interviewed on MuchMusic back then too (along with his brother? and parents)

Great show last night!

Edited by Guest

kc, I think DT was 12 at that show. I was there that night and he slayed me.

I was at that show too. He was 12 back then. He was wearing a Cleveland Indians hat... that's all I could see from my angle since Derek was standing behind Greg's Hammond.