Jambands.ca

Montreal hotels/b&b's?

DevO

You can easily get way better rooms for the same price (and cheaper) than the old econo-lodge dirthole.

It's in the same hood but a bit off the beaten path, unless you are going to end up at MrBigTime's favorite MTL establishment.

Kev, I highly recommend Priceline for MTL. Its never steared us wrong. We've gotten rooms (2 double beds) at the Sheraton for under a hundred bucks.

That's where you just put in a number (how much you want to spend) and it will charge your credit card, without giving you prior notice as to which hotel you are going to be staying at? I've never used Priceline before... I'm considering it, just not quite used to it/convinced yet. We just need 1 room with a double bed (2 ppl). If I put in $60... How will I do?

Do it Kev. Just specify that you want a hotel in downtown Montreal and you will not be disappointed with the result. I wouldn't dream of going to Montreal and NOT using Priceline.

Bid $60 on a 4 star. If that fails then you can bid $60 on a 3 star. If that fails you can go to a lower star rating, or wait and try again the next day at a slightly higher rate.

Also do a google search for "better bidding". Locate the Canada/Montreal forum and you can see what successful bids people have put in recently.

I just recently used priceline (or my friend did to be exact) and we stayed at the Sheraton for $60US a night, plus service charges and exchange. It came to around 90 a night. Not really much around St Denis/Duluth (where I live in fact). You could also try the Sala Rossa music venue - I seem to recall they also have a few rooms in their hotel.

http://www.casadelpopolo.com/contents/hotel

If I am correct greasyfizeek, The Sheraton is one of the further hotels away from St Denis with regards to the Priceline zoning.

And honestly, it's not far. 20 minute walk perhaps? That aint an expensive cab when you think about how much money you can save on a room, or hell........just walkit. You're in MTL!

The Priceline thing will get you closer to your destination from the Sheraton standpoint. I cant recall a hotel we got that is further away.

Think of it that way Kev if you cant get a room at the Sala Rosa.

So I did it! Pretty happy with the results. The bid that went through was $70 and I had to go down to 3 stars I think. Anyways we're at the Residence Inn Montreal Downtown on Peel St, for $90 all in all. Not bad I guess! Thanks for the tips guys.

Do it Kev. Just specify that you want a hotel in downtown Montreal and you will not be disappointed with the result. I wouldn't dream of going to Montreal and NOT using Priceline.

Bid $60 on a 4 star. If that fails then you can bid $60 on a 3 star. If that fails you can go to a lower star rating, or wait and try again the next day at a slightly higher rate.

Also do a google search for "better bidding". Locate the Canada/Montreal forum and you can see what successful bids people have put in recently.

I have used priceline for the last 5 years and have always got amazing deals. My best ever deal was had on the day I sharon and I decided to just head out to montreal for something. $40 for a 4 star hotel suite. You can't go wrong unless Grand Prix is in town.

So I did it! Pretty happy with the results. The bid that went through was $70 and I had to go down to 3 stars I think. Anyways we're at the Residence Inn Montreal Downtown on Peel St, for $90 all in all. Not bad I guess! Thanks for the tips guys.

If that's the Marriott Residence on Peel between Sherbrooke and Maisonneuve, you lucked out. I stayed there a couple of times and liked it a lot. The rooms I got were suites (with kitchenette) both times, and the room included buffet breakfast (with make-your-own waffles), and dinnertime snacks in one of the conference rooms (and one night a week, full dinner with the hotel's general manager). It was also really close to a Metro station.

Aloha,

Brad

Yeah Brad that's the one... Schweeet! We're just staying one night, but will definitely be making a few waffles. :)

Going to try to pop in to the Divan Orange tonight for Brad Barr / Ladies of the Canyon / Hank & Lily.. Though I'm the only one in the group who will be really pushing for it, and I'm almost certain we'll be missing Brad Barr's set.