Jambands.ca

Phish 8/13/09 Darien Lake, NY

boogieknight

Phish kicked my ass and I have the bruises to prove it! Just got back from vacation a couple of hours ago and listening to Thursday's show as I type!

As you might have seen me mention elsewhere, this was my first Phish show and it did not disappoint at all. I got a set list that I was mostly familiar with and heard some favourites like Sample In A Jar, David Bowie, Golgi Apparatus, Drowned, Suzy Greenberg and First Tube. And man was that ever a great encore for me having seen nero play it many times before.

The lot was great too with a lot of action and extremely lax security. I don't do this scene much but it's a completely surreal and awesome experience every time.

I was a little surprised not to run into ANYBODY but the strangers I met were cool and made it feel like home just the same.

I'll be back.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I noticed that I wasn't getting any text messages or calls on my Iphone - I was directed to go to my settings and switch AT&T to T-Mobile as the service provider and voila - I was getting my texts.

Sorry to hear your experience was so awful Basher - I can't only think that you pissed off the wrong person who made it their MO to destroy your fun.

...still reelin' from Thursday!

Sorry to hear about the disaster Basher...

It was my first show since the pre-hiatus Shoreline run (not including the pre-Coventry Hampton barf-fest) and boy was it good to see the boys again. The show and playing was really tight and it was great to see them nail Fluffhead. The setlist was incredible but I think it looks a little better on paper. The first set was amazing as far as first sets go. They came out firing on all cylinders in the second but kind of lost momentum between Rift and Sparkle. I'm not a fan of Joy so much but the first tube was a rage'r to cap it off.

One thing I noticed at SPAC was that within the first set there were already 4 repeats from Darien and 5 total for the show. The Bowie at SPAC was sickness though with a nice 'old school' drawn out intro...

It's all making me seriously think about Festival 8...

Also, Jaydawg and Sarahbelle's matching avatars are cute...