Jambands.ca

NFL 2009-2010 Season

Northern Wish

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but I got to watch TO be a spectator as a couple of late underthrown passes instead went to Revis(he intercepted one and dropped one that I saw). He made no effort what-so-ever to slow down or break up the interception. What a loser Owens is.

He made no effort what-so-ever to slow down or break up the interception. What a loser Owens is.

So true. Absolutely no effort to try and break up those passes. And he continues with his drop balls. 3 and 10 and the ball is in his hands, but he does not come down with the ball.

A friend of mine sent me this.

I was in Toronto from Dec.1 until today for a work conference. All of us from work were staying at the Intercontinental on Front Street (across the street from Rogers Centre and the CN Tower).

The Bills were also staying in the hotel. In fact, they had a lot of conference rooms booked near our conference rooms (everything from special teams to a chapel!), so we got a good look at a lot of these guys. And, to state the obvious, there are some massive dudes that play football.

Walked over to Rogers Centre with the game into the second half with a few colleagues to see if we could get into the game (we were willing to see what scalpers or Rogers Centre would offer). I basically walked right with cops and security on either side, without anyone stopping me (my colleagues weren't that lucky there, as they were about 15 seconds behind me), and got to catch half of the 3rd quarter and all of the 4th for free. Pretty sizeable crowd, but the place was filled with fatsos in sports jerseys. My friends did make it in, but were up in the upper bowl, and they told me afterwards that, in just the 4th quarter alone, there was easily 5 fights going on around them!

Anyway, saw T.O. Thursday night after the game (the rest of the team had checked out that afternoon), rode the elevator up with him, but didn't speak to him. He's a little intimidating.

I cant believe FOXW dropped the Redskins-NO game to go to the Dallas game. What a crock of shit!

I blame Punk.

THIS

I am not at the Man Cave today....what a fucking difference!!! I nearly threw my remote through the TV when they switched off that game to go to Dal-NYG pregame. Not having Sunday Ticket SUCKS.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow.

http://tsn.ca/nfl/story/?id=302663

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died, one day after falling out of the back of a pickup truck in what authorities described as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday. Henry was 26.

"It is with great sadness to learn Chris has passed away," Henry's agent, Andy Simms said in a statement. "For those who knew Chris, he was nothing like his public perception. A loving and caring individual, he was thankful for what he had in life, and proud of what he had overcome."

Henry was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after being found on a residential road. Police said the dispute began at a home about 800 metres away, and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee was driving away from the residence.

Police said at some point when she was driving, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle." They wouldn't identify the woman, and no charges were immediately filed.

Police spokeswoman Rosalyn Harrington said homicide detectives have been assigned to the case but had no further information. Police have not released the 911 tapes, and Harrington wouldn't say if the woman was present at the scene when police arrived.

Authorities have not announced the cause of death. Mecklenburg County medical examiner investigator Carol Cormier said they were expecting to receive the body later Thursday.

RIP Chris....

Last night's game lacked lead changes.

Seriously though, what was with the false start call on the Jags near the end of the fourth that cost the Jags a big play and appeared to have no flag (the commentators didn't even see it and questioned why the play was even run) and wasn't replayed. I'm not calling shenanigans or anything, I just found it strange that such an important call wasn't replayed.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...