Jambands.ca

Hangin' @ Ronnie's With my Hommies D & B...

Giggles

The other afternoon I was fortune enough to spend a few hours getting drunk and shooting the shit with one of my all time musical hero's; Daniel Lanois. He was alone, drinking at one of my watering holes...

We talked about music, my guitar company and amongst other things, Love affairs with women I can't speak of...he was an amazingly nice and genuine guy...

Today I was strolling around the area again and Daniel comes over to me (as I'm just across the street from the aforementioned watering hole) and says hi and invites me for a drink to chat again...it happens to be his birthday and there is someone I should meet...so I stroll in and Daniel proceeds to introduce me to Bono! We share a shot and a couple drinks, chat a bit then Bono gives a great speech in honor of Daniels birthday and I go home with a smile on my face...

I've had a pretty good couple days and feel like it's 420 ;) I hope your weekend is grand too all!

Gawpo Giggles :D:D:D

Edited by Guest

I'm not sure what the reference is to but, yha, I met Bono...and his family was there too and I believe it was his Mother and his Aunt that had left just as I got there...I met his father-in-law and Daniel had most of his close business relations there (manager, cinematographer, his son and new daughter-in-law and the Cine's new baby...)

At one point in his Bday speech to Daniel, Bono talks about living a "good life...no" he says "I live an extraordinary life and most people that have THIS life won't be shy in expressing how amazing and wonderful THEY are to accomplish such a feat"..."I think its appropriate on such an occasion as Daniels Birthday to state that I have THIS life because of Daniel Lanois!" IT WAS QUITE A SPECIAL AND TOUCHING MOMENT!

Awesome man. Daniel is a great guy thats for sure, very approachable & easy to talk to. Last I saw him was at a small club in Hess Village here in Hamilton a couple years, chillin, watching Tom Wilson jam with folks at an open mic night. I guess he had got up earlier but unfortunately I missed that.

Sounds like a great night, thanks for sharing.

Yes, Daniel really is a very easy guy to get along with and a super easy guy to talk with...I was really shocked at how truly easy going and open to the conversation he is...willing to talk about anything really, to pass the time...

I didn't take any pictures...I have no camera and it seemed weird to pull out the cell phone during Bono's speech...that being said, I did see a cell camera appear when Daniel began his thank-yous and I've been checking to see if it pops up on youtube or something but haven't found it yet...The owner of Ronnie's is also a friend and she would have killed me...