Jambands.ca

Any thoughts about this music?

c-towns

So I was just listening to the local University radio station (www.cjsw.com)and heard a fantastic track by "Super Furry Animals" called "Valet Parking". I was just wondering what some peoples opinion about this band/album was, it caught my attention, thats for sure.

Also heard "The Beta Band", I've heard these guys many times and I would have figured people on this site would have an opinion about these guys, but I've never heard them mentioned on this site before.

Quiet day here, why not talk about music...

peace.jamesd.

Love the scene in "High Fidelity" when John Cusack says something along the lines of "now I'll sell 4 albums" and puts on I think "Dry the Rain" by the Beta band in his record store... everyone starts bopping along and surely enough folks start walking up to the counter, asking who it is, and buy the album. I remember watching that and howling b/c I had the same reaction when I first heard the song... was in my friends car back when I was in university, heard the same track, bopped my head along to the tune, asked who it was, and promptly bought the album.

Some of their songs are great... some mediocre-ish, but all in all quite good background-y chill music.

Prefuse 73 is wicked. That's one of Scott Herron's projects, along with Savath&Savalas and another one I can't remember. Wickedly fractured beats and samples so quick that you can barely tell what's going on... Uprock Narratives is a wicked album, better than his new one by far...

ad

I love The Beta Band. 3 Eps is a great compilation and their second album release, Hot Shots II, is good too.

I'd describe their sound as trippy electronic dub, with a dash of acid-jazz and indie-rock. I loved them when they opened for Radiohead in Barrie 2001. I can't wait for their next album.

Archived