Jambands.ca

Halloweiner!

Guest Low Roller

Guest Low Roller

quote:

Originally posted by 6ftgroove:

yay! replies! acceptance!

wtf... Vermont!? You are some diehard fans! I can't be bothered to go downtown to see a show half the time.

Oops. There goes your acceptance.

You gotta be careful around these parts with inflammatory statements like that. For instance, if I said that I thought Ween was overrated and boring, that would result in me being shuned and perhaps even physically harmed at the next show I go to, therefore I'll never say it.

Like LMP said, most people on this board go out of their way to see shows, even if extensive travel is required. In the end it's always worthwhile because there are some unbelievable bands that will never come to your hometown so the only way to see them is to pack a car, drive down, give'er, and then drive back.

i'm really not sure what i said that was bad, but i guess i should be appologizing. i'm sorry.

if i had said "Vermont? Is that it? Don't you know the best bands will be in Guamala on the 31st?" would it of been more accepted?

if i'm not the type to travel so far to listen to a band (not as dedicated or committed to the concept as everyone else here) would that make me unwelcome here?

i'm learning here.

Guest Low Roller

Ah, don't take it too personally 6ftgroove. This board is also about razzing people mercilessly.

Welcome aboard. Have a fun ride.

(pfff... doesn't travel to shows... [Roll Eyes] )

oh no no no. i'm not saying we're all better because we go the distance. I just thought it was funny that you came on advertising your band to a bunch of other bands and then said you wouldn't even support a band playing in your own city. That's all...

quote:

Originally posted by 6ftgroove:

i don't think i'm doing a very good job of representing my band, and i don't want my actions to reflect badly on the group.

i'll just shut up and watch going forward.

I wouldn't worry about it bro,all good,no worries.

When ya guys heading into Hamilton to play?

yeah 6' don't worry at all -- you seem extremely courteous and respectful of other people's opinions, and personally, i don't think you've even said anything offensive. once you're around here a bit you'll see just how much we all enjoy arguing and even calling each other names (sissypants is quite popular). it's all in good fun.

looking forward to hearing your band at the nero show!

I still don't know what I'm gonna do.. I'm hoping something good will come up in Peterborough but so far there ain't much happening.

quote:

Originally posted by phish stick:

the mussels are covering rocky horror picture show at the gordon best here in ptbo.

That's about it so far, and I don't even really like that movie to begin with! The Getuplicans are playing at Market Hall too.. meh.

Any good halloween shows this year? Who's doing what and where?

In K-W there is a great show that night (sorry for the self promotion)....

Oct 31st at the Lanc!

Tix $5 ($8 at the door)available from the bands or at any BEAT GOES ON.

Prizes for best, sexiest, and scariest costume.

THE DIRTY LOVE (where did they steal that name?)

TRIPHAMMER (angsty riffage)

SIXFOOTGROOVE (fun female-fronted funk)

KENGHK (heavy groovin')

Anyhow, if you got nothing goin on, cmon out! Last years event had over 200 ppl and was a wicked party!

(i feel SO like the 'new guy' here... its hard to be extroverted)

die hard? Well if it means a good time and GREAT music, we'll travel wherever. I've come to notice that MOST people on this board do the same. Dedicated to music. I travelled all the way to England for a show once.

It's all about the mission man... the mission, the music, the good times. Who needs a couch?

I'll be working the door at The Pepper Jack cafe(with Tooly of course) in Hamilton BNB will be opening for Fat Cats and the Cats have a new keyboard player and a new drummer.It is also rumored that Fat Cats have a few new songs and I think I heard somthing about BNB even having one or two,not sure,I was kinda in the bag after Cauiton Jam when I was chillin' with Mike from BNB.

Have a good show my friend and everyone else for that matter wherever ya'll end up at.

[big Grin]

Archived