Jambands.ca

Pink Floyd Live At Pompeii DVD

Palms

Got a chance to see the new "director's cut" of the Pink Floyd movie Live at Pompeii last night and really enjoyed it. The release of it kinda snuck up on me; I didn't realize it was out until I saw it in stores on Tuesday morning.

The tweaking to the visuals are pretty interesting and the director's cut is almost an entirely new take on it, with lots of new outer space visuals, computer graphics depicting the last days of Pompeii and lots of extra interview sections. The sound is not in 5.1 surround, it is mixed in Dolby Digital 2.0 much like the Grateful Dead Vault DVDs are, but it still sounds pretty good. The original cut of the film is also included on the DVD for those that won't dig the new version (I'm split on it right now).

Has anyone else seen it yet, or is everyone waiting for their Closing of Winterland DVD to show? Hopefully I'll get that close to release date too (apparently Nov 18th in Canada).

quote:

Originally posted by Jaimoe:

I haven't seen the new DVD but I've certainly seen Live @ Pompeii ( starring Nick Mason! ) on video.

Hah, Jaimoe that's funny, when I saw this post I flashed back to watching this video years ago and remembering sitting there with my friends saying "fuck, we've seen enough of Mason, aren't you gonna show the rest of the damn band?!?" Can't remember what the sound was like, but that aspect certainly stuck with me.

- M.

Archived