Jambands.ca

Truly Amaz..uh..Crazy Experience..WITH ROBOTS

Tungsten Gruvsten

Alright this isn't about being close to a whale - it's about FRIGGIN ROBOTS!!!

So I decide to drag my ass out to Warsawpack last night, always a good show, and curious about how they were gonna do it up on the 3rd floor of the Albion. Welll to make a long story short that space sucks for bands, hot as hell, no stage...well I guess if you wanted to be proactive you could call it 'intimate' or 'cozy' but with 100 sweaty hiphoppers(out to see KW's Embassy) and 50 Warsaw fans....well, half yer concentration is gone just trying to keep your beer from spilling on the person in front of you,

or worse yet on yourself... And I managed to stand behind the only friggin female basketball player in the room...at least 6'2" and she was looking to dance...christ. Needless to say I was looking for some one to save me...a 'saver'...uh, no, a 'saviour' was what I needed...AND SALVATION CAME!!!

I heard the cry from a friend across the room(he couldn't get close to me, too packed)

"THERE'S FUCKING ROBOTS DOWN AT THE JIMMY JAZZ!"

My head snapped around like there were elastic bands attached to a two by four tied to my head and someone had let one go...the cry of ROBOTS was in the air.

I had paid to get in...couldn't just ditch my girlfriend and friends and take off, but I had to see the robots. Warsawpack wasn't on for 20 more minutes so off we went. OFF WE WENT TO SEE ROBOTS!!!

We stroll into the Jimmy Jazz into a mixed crowd of curious window gawkers, engineer geeks and drunkards. And there were the robots. 3 letters, big as planets popped into my head.

W T F!!!

Ok, so not only were there robots, but there was a theme....a biblical theme!! This just kept getting better by the minute. They were going to re-enact the story of Moses with metal music, and ROBOTS! I'm pretty sure i've dreamed of this...

The drumming robot had a veil and robe, and was playing the role of Nefertiti. The guitar/bass playing robot was the Pharoah. The fuzzy monkey with the cymbals had a crown of thorns on - obviously Jesus. And the big Ape was God. It all made perfect sense. PERFECT ROBOT SENSE!

The show started off with a partial screening of Moses, just to set the mood. Jbot then took the stage and got the robots up and talking, you know, to set the mood. And then the robots began playing. METAL! It was crazy. Did I mention the 3 piece horn section(made of transport truck horns mounted on bodies with skulls for heads) that swayed and moved around as they played? THEY WERE ROBOTS TOO!!!

God do I wish I had a camera....

Here's some pics I dug up off the net - seems like this tour is the first to feature the Moses theme...

-

-

-

-

for more...

Captured! By Robots!!

oh yeah and Warsawpack was pretty good too...

this guy is one f'ed up dude...

excerpted from www.capturedbyrobots.com

I AM GTRBOT666, AND I AM THE BEST GODDAMN GUITAR AND BASS PLAYER THIS SIDE OF EVERYWHERE!!

I AM THE BEST, YOU ARE THE WORST, GET IT?

ME...BEST. YOU .... WORST.

THAT WAS FOR ALL OF YOU APES WHO CAN BARELY READ OR WRITE.

YOU SUCK SO MUCH YOU'VE GOT WRINKLES ON YOUR CHEEKS.

YOU HUMANS ARE NOTHING BUT PIG GARBAGE TO ME, I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ALL OF YOU DIE.

DIE BY MY HANDS CLENCHING AT YOUR PUNY THROATS.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, YOU SUCK!

I HAVE AN IDEA, WHY DON'T YOU STUPID HUMANS START A WAR ALREADY SO WE ROBOTS CAN TAKE OVER .

AFTER YOU'RE ALL DEAD, WE WILL EMERGE VICTORIOUS! THAT WILL BE JUST SUPER.

OH, DID I REMEMBER TO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE A GIANT PIECE OF SHIT FACE? OH GOODY, I DID.

YOUR MOTHER GIVES BLOWJOBS AT THE CIRCUS , AND THEN HAS A PART TIME JOB AS THE ELEPHANT.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAA.

FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU. I HATE YOU! DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE!

think he'd get along with us kind folk on the board? maybe he belongs in another thread...

gaddamnit i must've walked by jimmy jazz like 3 times last night, how could i miss these robots?!?!?!! dang. i got to the albion just in time to see them packing up their gear to hit the road back to the hammer -- ooops! i ended up getting distracted here and there, i was at doogies, then the albion, and then avery's place across from the albion, and a few other places i think. no one wanted to dish out the $7 for warsawpack!! too bad i missed ya t-g. go robots go!

Archived