Jambands.ca

Ricky Gervais Show

bouche

A few years ago, I listened to the Ricky Gervais Show podcast religiously and almost died laughing a number of times. seriously. i listened on a treadmill and I laughed so hard that my headphone cable tightened and pulled the ipod up and it fell on the treadmill which made me look down and then I pretty much fell off.

anyway, they're taking a number of recordings of Ricky, Stephen Merchant, and the REAL star of the show....Karl Pilkington.

It's going to be hilarious. It's like 2 smart guys, 1 idiot.

http://www.hbocanada.com/rickygervaisshow/video.php

• 2 months later...

So, while I love the podcasts, i found the animated show is not nearly as funny. There's something to be said about radio and the fact that you utilize your imagination to generate imagery.

Word out that Gervais has got the go ahead for a NEW sitcom. Now THIS looks fucking great! :)

http://gnews.com/entertainment/Ricky-Gervais-Giant-New-Dwarf-Comedy-Approved-54224619863.html

“It’s a cross between Extras and Curb Your Enthusiasm and One Foot in the Grave but with a dwarf. That is out and out funny,†explained Gervais, summing up his latest collaborative creation with writer Stephen Merchant.

Ricky_Gervais_Giant_New_Dwarf_Comedy_Approved_XLarge3.jpg

The series will star Warwick Davis, arguably the “biggest†dwarf to grace Hollywood, best known as the eponymous hero in Willow, as well as for his roles as the ewok Wicket in Return of the Jedi and Professor Flitwick in the Harry Potter saga.

Ricky_Gervais_Giant_New_Dwarf_Comedy_Approved_XLarge4.jpg

Gervais and Davis worked together previously on an episode of Extras. Gervais told The Daily Telegraph: “We’re having so much fun working with Warwick. Pound for pound he is one the funniest men I know.â€

A 30 minute pilot episode of Life’s Too Short will be screened on the BBC, but such is Gervais’ midas touch, this is sure to be another piece of comedy gold.

The Rickey Gervais show is pretty good. Im assuming you guys have all seen "Funny or Die," then, too? I freaking love that show. I also just watched an episode of the Life and Times of Tim (the one where he insults the Elephant trainer) and it was hilarious as well. But Funny or die, that's definitiely my favorite.