Jambands.ca

Up In The Air - good movie

bouche

(((SPOILER)))))

Ya,I just watched it on TVShack.

For certain that was predictable.

Also what was with the end, end, end as he flew? Instead of lone, super-cool-wise, wolf he seemed to suddenly be lone, super-sad, pitiful, wolf.

Was the audience meant to think his life was sad?

I felt it was sad that he was beaten down by societal expectations but I'm not sure that was the message?

I guess I was liking it up until IMHO it lamed out with all the only true happiness is found in coupling and pro-creating styles mumbo jumbo.

I'm thinking about this far too much! :dance:

<<>>

Also what was with the end, end, end as he flew? Instead of lone, super-cool-wise, wolf he seemed to suddenly be lone, super-sad, pitiful, wolf.

Was the audience meant to think his life was sad?

I felt it was sad that he was beaten down by societal expectations but I'm not sure that was the message?

I guess I was liking it up until IMHO it lamed out with all the only true happiness is found in coupling and pro-creating styles mumbo jumbo.

I'm thinking about this far too much! :dance:

But *wasn't* his life kind of sad?

I don't think the point was about the importance of "coupling and procreating styles" but the importance of relationships in general - and how they can be both positive and negative. Clooney's character took avoiding relationships to an extreme, and the young girl defined herself almost solely through her relationship with her boyfriend. Both were unhappy. I thought that the message was that relationships are important, but that one shouldn't allow oneself to be defined by them.