Jambands.ca

The Pacific

bouche

It seemed to be too unbalanced to me. The situation with him staying at the girls house all of a sudden was totally unbelievable and unexplained (how did he just leave his company for 3 or 4 days? for one).

You'd better believe it because these stories are from 2 of the main character's real lives. Robert Leckie, and Eugene Sledge.

It seemed to be too unbalanced to me. The situation with him staying at the girls house all of a sudden was totally unbelievable and unexplained (how did he just leave his company for 3 or 4 days? for one).

I assumed he was on legitimate leave for a few days. That other kid was (the one who had to negotiate with the grandfather to date the girl).

I'm enjoying the series so far, but overall I would have to say that I prefer the original Band of Brothers series. The characters in that one seemed to be more... something. They were more developed, or the viewer was more easily able to "bond" with them, or something. I can't quite put my finger on it. Visually, of course, both series are awesome.

I'm enjoying the series so far, but overall I would have to say that I prefer the original Band of Brothers series. The characters in that one seemed to be more... something. They were more developed, or the viewer was more easily able to "bond" with them, or something. I can't quite put my finger on it. Visually, of course, both series are awesome.

I'll put your finger on it for you. That was only episode THREE. yeesh! you generally need more than 3 episodes to bond.

I'm enjoying the series so far' date=' but overall I would have to say that I prefer the original Band of Brothers series. The characters in that one seemed to be more... something. They were more developed, or the viewer was more easily able to "bond" with them, or something. I can't quite put my finger on it. Visually, of course, both series are awesome.[/quote']

I'll put your finger on it for you. That was only episode THREE. yeesh! you generally need more than 3 episodes to bond.

I know. But I felt like there was a certain affinity with Winters, especially, right from the get-go in the other series. I'm not complaining about The Pacific, mind you - just comparing something awesome to something excellent, I guess. And no, I'm not sure which adjective describes which series.

What I liked about Band of Brothers was that you got to see the characters becomes soldiers.

It kind of threw me off that the characters were thrown into battle almost immediately in the Pacific.

The battle scenes have been way more chaotic so far in this series as well. Just wave after wave of Japanese until the scene cuts to the next day and all the soldiers are lying there exhausted.

That being said, I liked episode 3 and feel the series is going in the right direction.

What I liked about Band of Brothers was that you got to see the characters becomes soldiers.

It kind of threw me off that the characters were thrown into battle almost immediately in the Pacific.

The battle scenes have been way more chaotic so far in this series as well. Just wave after wave of Japanese until the scene cuts to the next day and all the soldiers are lying there exhausted.

That being said, I liked episode 3 and feel the series is going in the right direction.

Perhaps there is some significance in the fact that the Pacific focuses on Marines rather than the Army. I don't know what, but ... perhaps.

• 2 weeks later...