Jambands.ca

Grand Theft Bus, London, 11-15

SaggyBalls

We got it kickin up in here. Stonehenge Lounge brings the immense Grand Theft Bus to the stage.

in an intimate, multi-level setting, you will be groovin, tappin' some feets, and enjoying a great night with friends while Graeme, Bob, Denis, and Tim rock it like you've never heard!

Stonehenge lounge is located at 194 Dundas street, just east of Richmond in Downtown London.

Cover will be a fraction of the previous night, and what better way to spend a cold November saturday night than to see the bus heat it up!

It will be a show worth making the trip for. they're headed back home after the show so savour the time the bus is west of home.

but you won't truly know that until you do!

IT's the night after BNB at the office.

i'm planning to be in hamilton for the run but I work till 9:30.

you'd better be ready to give'r at the PJC cause I work the next morning too.

however...depending on the circumstances in the upcoming weeks I might need to persuade people to go out a second night in a row.

such a good week for shows.

Looks like London's 2 fave groovy bands are playing the same night as the bus.

If you can make it out to this show please do!!!

it now looks like we may seriously need some support.

Grand PooBah and Dr. Fly and the Foundation are playing bacchus the same night. it's going to be challenging. they're good bands but definitely no bus. Too bad though that there'll likely be people going to see that show instead of going to stonehenge lounge.

The bus hasn't seemed to get any press in London yet. I think that there's some sort of bias at scene magazine to music that doesn't need traditional press to get a foothold. case in point - the burties are playing with soft canyon opening. Burt Neilson Band is on the CTO calendar but what is the article about?

soft canyon w/s.g the burt neilson band.

pretty messed up huh.

anyhow, I hope this all comes together nicely.

anyone looking to make a road trip for a show would have a blast in London.

there'll likely be a party SOMEWHERE - if not there are a couple of after hours clubs I think.

I might be able to fit about 10 people in my apt. to party - not enough space for a real kicker though.

I work till 6 and then should be busy so no pre event for myself.

hey p4g - you should have a kegger or something. keg lunch...that might work...

(hey at least give me some credit for effort)

anyone have any suggestions?

oh yeah, and I WILL be dead if I don't step back every so often and make sure to eat properly. that tends to work...and a bit of sleep never hurts.

just remember...first cool show in this new rad venue(new to us) and it should shape up to be a kickin party night.

so everyone from guelph, hamilton, windsor, chatham, k-w and even *gasp* TORONTO that feels up to the short drive(toronto's only 2 hours...that's hardly far) and wants to cut loose should make it out.

okay...i will not be ready to party at 6...BUT!!!

if anyone wants, we can meet up pre-show and chill for a bit...maybe after 7 or so...I can try to see if the bar's open early(should be) so we can chill beforehand there or if anyone has a space condusive to chillin and wants to hang out with folk, then we should figure out plans.

i'm home for a few days so you can call me here at 613.258.3897.

I'm just keeping things open just in case I need to run around before the show to make sure the night goes smoothly.

seriously...it'll be a saturday night and that means PARTY for everyone but me...I think that for me it'll be more 'party!' than 'PARTY'...it's at least an exclamation but not quite as bold. Although i carry the bold part of the equation around with me every day in my wallet anyway. gotta keep it fresh...

I'm tired of shows being a 'let's go to bed' at the end of the night deal...anxd this time I really should keep that in mind. I work at 10 the next day.

if anyone can make sure i'm set up to be awake the next day till at least 8 PM then you'd better be at the show cause I want to party. (pretty girls or drugs...both would be ideal...)

Drop a line.

Archived