Jambands.ca

The Felice Brothers - July 27th - Horseshoe

NewRider

Simone Felice (one of the brothers) and leader of The Duke and The King was rushed to hospital yesterday..... terrible news:

Hello our beloved friends and fans,

We must tell you all, with a heaviness we cannot convey of the news that our dearest brother Simone Felice was rushed late last night to Albany Medical Center. Simone has been scheduled for emergency open-heart surgery as a result of Aortic Stenosis. We are devastated, yet hopeful that he will pull through. We will not be playing Mountain Jam and all dates for June and July have been cancelled. He loves you all more than you could ever know, so please send all of your thoughts & prayers Simone’s way. We will keep you informed of his condition in the coming days.

Love always & forever,

Simi Stone

Bobby Bird

Nowell Haskins

• 1 month later...

I got so excited about this show after a leisurely stroll through Little Italy to Soundscapes to buy my Ween ticket and a couple of beautiful smoked meat sandwiches at (Zane) Caplansky's - that I raced home to change, roll 5 j's on the fly, rip down to the Horseshoe despite everything from subway signs, transfers, my blackberry, ipod, bus transfer kept saying Monday July 26. My birthday was two days ago, Tues. tonight right?

I just turned right around and was like fuck it I'm going to the 'rippers. Where later on that night our own Daniel Bradshaw turned up celebrating his own birthday which commenced at midnight and carries on until who knows when.

It's four brothers actually. The two brothers (Ian and Jimmy) are Felice's proper, then two half brothers (same mama I think) - their surname is Turbeville I want to say - the one guy who I was convinced was a 'Felice' was actually just 'Farley' the fiddle player.

I think you guys got confused - or confused me about the passing of I believe older brother Simon's daughter Simone. Simon I gather has moved onto his own group...

Wait you all should just read about this on my 'blog'.

Great dudes though- second time in Canada - first was the opener at ACC where they clearly rolled into the backstage in their ramshackle Winnebago, having traded in the Shortbus. They're really 'living the high life (having a good time)'.