Jambands.ca

Dave Matthews open letter

Ric Pilot

Ya, it's nice to see people (celebs) use their influencial voices to try and help society progress and move forward.....not stagnate and stand idly by!

I saw Steve Nash was taking the same opportunity at the NBA All-Star game.....kudos to him.

Never know where this type of political intervention may lead them.......Mud and I were watching a documentary on John Lennon speaking out against right wing politics/politicians and denouncing the war in Vietnam and affirming his beliefs to the American public. Turns out when it was time for elections.....Nixon felt threatened by his voice/influence.....next thing you know he's got deportation proceedings against him (for having been let into the states even though he'd had a drug charge against him)......certainly got his mind on a different track and off his political agenda. It served its purpose....once Nixon was re-elected the proceedings were dropped and the FBI's case against Lennon was closed!?!?!?!? hmmmmmm!!!!!!!????????

Babsy

yeah- all government is corrupt to some degree, probably moreso than any of us will ever know. everything about the way they work - who do you know, who do you need a favour from, how much money you got, what can you do for me.. goes against what they are supposed to be doing.

The amount of shmoozing and personal interest campaigning that goes on in the Canadian scene, is frightnening. i couldn't even begin to comprehend how complex and corrupt the favour system is in the USA!

I am proud that Canada hasn't jumped on the American bandwagon.. sorry to talk politics..

I didnt even think dave matthews was american

i know he was raised in south africa but he probly is a US citizen

so am i, ashamed to say

their gov't is totally messed up

i like that quote about france not getting any of the booty from raiding iraq's panty drawer

gives you an idea what theyre really after lol

theyll hide it under so much beaurocrazy and ten dollar words but it boils down to oil so they can drive their cars to their big ol buildings

theyre the richest country but they never think theyre rich enough

quote:

Originally posted by Tooly:

I didnt even think dave matthews was american

i know he was raised in south africa but he probly is a US citizen

For the record, Dave was born in Johannesburg, and moved around between SA, the USA and England until he was 19 when he settled in Virgina. I'm betting he's an American 'cus he finally left South Africa to avoid the draft. Guess he's always been a peacenik at heart, eh? [smile]

- M.

Archived