Jambands.ca

Treme

ersh

i LOVE this soundtrack :D

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmgoooood :D

http://bit.ly/9Mb0Jl

folder3.jpg

TREME: MUSIC FROM THE HBO ORIGINAL SERIES, SEASON 1

The HBO series Treme, named for the historic neighborhood where jazz was born, chronicles the rebuilding of a unique American culture where music plays an integral role in the city’s way of life. The show and soundtrack capture the sounds of many of New Orleans’ extraordinary musicians and other artists.

The soundtrack album includes 19 tracks featuring music heard throughout the groundbreaking series over the course of its first season, offering a cross-section of New Orleans-bred music including rhythm and blues, soul, jazz, rock and roll, funk, folk and country that reflects the diversity of the city’s musical tradition.

Artists heard on the soundtrack — and seen in the series — include John Boutté whose “Treme Song†is the series’ theme. The Rebirth Brass Band’s “Feel Like Funkin’ It Up†reflects the melding of the city’s brass band tradition with a contemporary funk cadence that exemplifies the musical melting post that is New Orleans. Steve Zahn who plays DJ/musician Davis McAlary in the series is heard performing “Shame, Shame, Shame†The album includes Dr. John’s “Indian Red,†as well as “Time Is On My Side†by Irma Thomas and Allen Toussaint plus Steve Earle’s “This City†and much more music that evokes the tenor of the series and the spirit of New Orleans.

David Simon, Treme co-creator and executive producer, noted, “In the course of filming Treme, we were treated to some remarkable performances – only a portion of which we could highlight in the series.†He added, “Some great music ended up on the cutting room floor, so to speak.†Among these are performances and music from Elvis Costello, Kermit Ruffins & The Barbecue Swingers, John Boutté, Glen David Andrews, Paul Sanchez & New Birth Brass Band, Pine Leaf Boys with Lucia Micarelli, John Mooney & Soul Rebels Brass Band and Irma Thomas, Dave Bartholomew, Allen Toussaint & Friends.

Eric Overmyer, who co-created the series, provides introductory notes about filming the series on location in New Orleans. Jazz journalist Larry Blumenfeld’s essay “Treme and the Abstract Truth†provides atmospheric liner notes that further underscore the relationship between the city and its music creators and practitioners.

From David Simon and Eric Overmyer (both of The Wire®), Treme follows musicians, chefs, Mardi Gras Indians and ordinary New Orleanians as they try to rebuild their lives, their homes and their unique culture in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina. The acclaimed show has been renewed for a second season which will air in 2011.

The album was produced by Treme music supervisor Blake Leyh and Tony Seyler, Universal Music’s Vice President for Film and Television Marketing; executive producers are David Simon, Eric Overmyer and Nina K. Noble, who along with the late David Mills produced the series for HBO. The Treme Live Video Performances were produced by Karen L. Thorson and the lead director is Anthony Hemingway. Complete, annotated audio track-listing follows: Link

mp3@256CBR

Track List

01. Treme Song – John Boutte

02. Feel Like Funkin’ It Up – Rebirth Brass Band

03. I Hope Your Comin’ Back To New Orleans – The New Orleans Jazz Vipers

04. Skokiaan – Kermit Ruffins & The Barbecue Swingers

05. Ooh Poo Pah Doo – Trombone Shorty

06. Drinka Little Poison (4 U Die) – Soul Rebels Brass Band

07. We Made It Through That Water – Free Agents Brass Band

08. Shame Shame Shame – Steve Zahn And Friends

09. My Indian Red – Dr. John

10. At The Foot Of Canal Street – John Boutte

11. Buona Sera – Louis Prima

12. New Orleans Blues – Tom McDermott

13. I Don’t Stand A Ghost Of A Chance With You – Michiel Huisman

14. Indian Red (Wild Man Memorial) – Mardi Gras Indians

15. Indian Red – Donald Harrison

16. Time Is On My Side – Irma Thomas

17. This City – Steve Earle

18. Just A Closer Walk With Thee – Treme Brass Band

19. My Dawlin’ New Orleans – Lil’ Queenie & The Percolators

http://bit.ly/9Mb0Jl

• 6 months later...

Loved the show as well. Seems like so long ago that I watched it. Was funny.... Had just seen Stanton Moore at the Yale in Vancouver, went to visit friends in Uke who played me the second episode and there he was! I downloaded the series, watched it and listened to New Orleans funk for months! Try to turn people onto it and for some reason it's hit and miss. I was instantly hooked.

Hey Jeffrey... I did the same thing. Totally hooked on that stuff.

Not sure if you came across it or not, but there's a great SoulJazz compilation of New Orleans funk...

http://btjunkie.org/torrent/New-Orleans-Funk-The-Original-Sound-Of/3952ddb64f53b793012b93f045a7b0321392e4928b1a

http://www.souljazzrecords.co.uk/releases/?id=181

Another record I came across was "Funky New Orleans" by Dr John... also killer.