Jambands.ca

Phish Rumor- Watkins Glen, NY July 4 2011

Northern Wish

I know its a long way off, but this rumor is gaining steam over on PT:

Watkins Glen Raceway

Watkins Glen, NY

July 4, 2011

The site of the huge ABB Dead Band concert back in July 73.

Another fascinating yet unbelieveable part of the rumor is that it will be a throwback to that concert featuring: ABB, Furthur and Phish.

There was some kind of law change yesterday in that area to allow for a musical gathering of larger than 20,000 people.

PT'ers can provide more deets- I'm swamped at work today........

I could see it all happen. We're not talking about bring together magnitudinal forces like the orginal, it's slim shades of the original not to mention the developments in concert production and Phish' in particular's acumen for staging varied and complex festivals. I don't see booking the ABros. and Furthur even Levon as being that challenging- it's not like it's gonnna turn into Highgate. People would have to care enough for it to turn into Highgate.

I buy it too obviously like Wish said, Great Northeastern plans that far in advance and they seem to be trying to be carried by their own high tide and max out on as many 'moments' as they can manufacture these days. It just jibes with everything they're on about and post-Bill Graham I can see very few production companies pulling something like that off with the freight of the original.

I personally think it's an awful idea, but I will probably end up going ... and bitch about the horrendous traffic, overall lack of organization, inevitable muddy grounds and spaced out wooks. I expect to come back knowing that if it wasn't for the generous and kind support of random locals, the whole thing would have been an even bigger disaster than it actually was.