Jambands.ca

What You've Been Listening To

Schwa.

What Are You Listening To Right Now (Archive)

Been picking away at this for months, here and there. Albums only, nothing live. There may be some repeats but for the most part it's all one offs. Excellent listening, Skanks!!

Honourable mention to Esau, Newrider, Hamilton and Kanada Kev for their massive contributions to this list. There are plenty of others but these guys have the obvious majority.

ENJOY!!!

So, in closing, I'd like to give big ups to God, Buddha, L. Ron, whoever. Hell, maybe I just need to thank me. If there's one thing I've learned through all my adventures and conquests, it's that some people are just wired for success. I had no choice when it came to being great. I just am great. I'm not trying to sound cocky or full of myself, but Kenny Powers has a sneaking suspicion that no matter what comes his way he will always be great. Because that's just the way shit works sometimes. This has been based on a true story. The motherfuckin' end.

Guest Low Roller

Awesome Schwa.

I was tempted by doing the same thing due to my bizarre obsession with extracting information from data, and this data set was absolute gold for creating some sort of amazing analysis of musical tastes on this forum.

Guest Low Roller

A quick Pivot Table later, here are the top performers in the What Are You Listening To? Thread:

1- Bob Dylan (45)

2- Grateful Dead (31)

3T- Neil Young (20)

3T- Various Artists* (20)

5T- The Beatles (19)

5T- Rolling Stones (19)

7- Tom Waits (16)

8- Bruce Springsteen (15)

9- Bruce Cockburn (14)

10T- XTC (12)

10T- Drive By Truckers (12)

10T- Phish (12)

I was tempted by doing the same thing due to my bizarre obsession with extracting information from data...

Here's a method for searching for all of your own entries in the "listening right now" thread:

- go to Advanced Search

- enter "What are you listening to right now?" in the Keywords field (minus the quotation marks)

- select the Search in subject only option

- enter your username in the Username field

- select the Find any posts made by this user option

- set the Match posts made option to "on any date and newer"

- select the Show each post the search terms were in option

- click Search

You should see a list of all the singular posts you've made to that thread.

(And if you're keen like me and use text instead of images you'll see that text right on the resuts screen.)

Huzzah!

It's actually a shame that a lot of the posts are pics only because the host sites have removed them and they aren't there anymore. I'd have to guess about 200-250 at least. There were also a lot of pics that i didn't recognize the band or album cover and so they got left behind too.

Keep the text coming and if I update this at all it'll make it easier.

Guest Low Roller
I was tempted by doing the same thing due to my bizarre obsession with extracting information from data...

Here's a method for searching for all of your own entries in the "listening right now" thread:

- go to Advanced Search

- enter "What are you listening to right now?" in the Keywords field (minus the quotation marks)

- select the Search in subject only option

- enter your username in the Username field

- select the Find any posts made by this user option

- set the Match posts made option to "on any date and newer"

- select the Show each post the search terms were in option

- click Search

You should see a list of all the singular posts you've made to that thread.

(And if you're keen like me and use text instead of images you'll see that text right on the resuts screen.)

Huzzah!

That is some slick datamining skills you got there Ollie. I don't get along with the Advanced Search unfortunately, as it serves usually to just piss me off more than anything.