Jambands.ca

Zeus

bouche

Their show at the Horseshoe in Toronto Dec. 2nd was amazing. My 2nd time seeing them and could not believe how fuckin good they sound. Super tight, amazing pop hooks played with a wicked sense of tone. I've been talking them up to friends and I highly recommend seeing and experiencing them. I totally agree with Ms. Huxtable and was thinking the same thing watching them: that bands don't write songs like that anymore - really, really good songs with fantastic melodies.

Jer is really humble (in general) about his role in Zeus but is totally integral to their sound- they collectively call him JerBro. Collett insists on working with him (as his former bassist he knows the whole catalogue intimately) as do the Zeus guys. Since Mike O'Brien and Carlin are producers/engineers/sidemen/songwriters and their sound is highly refined they're immensely concerned with reproducing in this case the two albums they've been touring in support of (which they produced) their own and Jason's Rat A Tat. Jer's role then is to essentially mix the band/ album live off the floor so that it has as much fidelity with the recording as possible. Zeus don't 'jam' per se, they have improvisational elements for sure and might take a bit of liberty hear and there but generally they're trying to re-create the albums they produced.