Jambands.ca

Marco Benevento Trio Fall tour poster, limited pressing

RobL

shipping was free on mine...?

IIRC, there's a step where you calculate shipping charges; it defaults to USPS within the US (which is free), but if you select USPS to Canada, it adds $15. Maybe you left it at the default? The e-mail I got with details on my order says

Shipping Method: USPS First Class Canada

Products Subtotal: $15.00

USPS First Class Canada: $15.00

so you might want to check the e-mail they sent.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest

Hey, guys! Thanks so much for buying these! I've sold a *ton* over the last few days, and my guess is that it's mostly thanks to this thread. However, many orders have been coming through without paying for the shipping to Canada, which is, as stated above, $15.

I will, however, ship up to 5 posters together for the flat $15 rate, so if you guys want to pool your orders as is mentioned above, please feel free to do so.

I wish there was a way for me to set the store module so that you can't go through with a Canadian address without paying for the Canadian shipping, but alas, I've checked and it cannot be done.

I have sent emails to everyone who has checked out without shipping so far, so if you haven't gotten an email, your order is in process and will ship shortly.

Just a quick note on the prints: I worked together with Marco's management and the artist, AJ Masthay, to produce these posters as tour merch, but due to a miscommunication, the posters were printed before being approved. However, Marco's manager was nice enough to let me sell them anyway. They are 5-color, hand-carved linoleum block prints, strictly limited to an edition of 85. FYI, I will be raising the price to $25 shortly, so if you want 'em at this price, I'd jump on it soon.

Thanks again for buying and for your understanding about the shipping confusion! For those interested, we also have a couple autographed copies of AJ's poster for Marco's Screens 'n' Suds show in Richmond on sale for $100, with all proceeds benefiting the MS Society. Those posters are signed by all 3 members of the band and are available here: http://www.thegiggallery.com/catalog/marco-benevento-screens-n-suds-richmond-2010-aj-masthay

Thanks again!

Peace,

B

BTW what you can't see from the picture is the bottom cut is frayed/ not cut cleanly. I don't know what process in poster making creates this look, but I think its a nice touch when its there.

This is called "deckling" and is the result of tearing the paper vs. cutting it. I like it, too, as it gives it a more hand-made look.

Hey, guys! Thanks so much for buying these! I've sold a *ton* over the last few days, and my guess is that it's mostly thanks to this thread.

I'd say its mostly due to FreekerbytheSpeakers awesome thoughtfulness......That would be Scott Turner, Mr Gig Gallery.

As Xmas gifts he bought one for me, and one for the Pinhey Palace.

That was the version that RobL saw on Friday at my place and I think resulted in this thread.

When I opened it I was super shocked/ happy because I hadn't even seen a gig poster for the run up to this point......

If anyone is placing a big order, there are some other great pieces on that site including a great Crowes gig poster that I know some of you attended here in Ottawa:

0661_0.jpg