Jambands.ca

Phish Releasing Soundchecks on Vinyl (RobL content)

Hartamophone

From their Facebook page:

On Record Store Day, Phish will release TWO SOUNDCHECKS, a Limited Edition 7-inch vinyl record that will be available exclusively at participating independently owned record stores across the country. TWO SOUNDCHECKS marks the band's first ever live vinyl release and their first release in conjunction with Record Store Day.

This 7-inch is limited to 2,000 hand-numbered copies, and once they are gone they are gone. The A-Side is an instrumental jam culled from the soundcheck of Phish's third show of a sold out three-night stand at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, CA. The B-Side is an especially exotic soundcheck from Hartford, CT in 2009, featuring Trey on Bass, and Fish on drums. This Limited Edition 7-inch was created exclusively for Record Store Day.

TWO SOUNDCHECKS will be available in stores only beginning April 16th, 2011.

I have released the hounds on this one. I got people from all over the us and canada looking for this one for me on record store day. I will have a few copies. I just want one. But i should get one. Whish me luck. thanks for the info edit i mean one of each copy.

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

Happy Record Store Day!

Anyone get a copy of the Phish record? I know that Criminal Records (Queen St, Toronto) was going to have one or some. Probably gone by now, maybe not though. I just phoned Soundscapes to see if they had it - close enough to home that I'd brave this shit weather to go get one - but they didn't get any.

This is brilliant on several levels...

*Cool contribution to 'special' Record Store Day releases

*Even cooler "anti-download"/piracy tactic... but more of a statement, really (as it just takes one patient dude to rip the vinyl, then upload). In case it isn't obvious, by this I mean: a) it's a soundcheck, so presumeably no tapers/aud can capture it, and B) on vinyl, it's more of a bitch to rip and upload in a heartbeat....

Just my Humble $0.02... Peace.

really eh, well i went to every store in ottawa today and none of them had it at all today. and one of them said they dug and said they didn't make it across the border. who knows about toronto stores. i don't have the low down their