Jambands.ca

March Madness!

Northern Wish

• 2 weeks later...

Fun tournament, a lot of upsets but I'm very disappointed UNC is out.

I want to cheer for Kentucky but I don't think I can root for Calipari except for maybe rooting for him to be the only coach to have to vacate Final Four appearances at three different schools. He's fucking slimy as they come.

Astonishingly unentertaining game. I've never seen a good team shoot as bad as Butler did tonight. UCONN played good D, but they weren't any fun to watch nor did they particularly well all-round either. Howard shot his slim NBA hopes in the foot. He didn't look like he wanted the ball.

That was a craptastic game. I don't think I've ever heard the ball clang off the rim so many times in my life (unless I was shooting). For a couple of stretches it was almost comical how Butler just couldn't get the ball to go down, sometimes it'd be half in the cyclinder and pop out. Terrible night of shooting, god awful game.

I have never seen a basket actually have a lid on it. I mean I've heard the colloquialism but I've never seen it like that before. It gives me hope that when these guys play amazing it's just as much of a fluke, and then I remember that that hasn't happened for seventy years, so I'm likely not going to be dunking it at the monday night pick-up game. oh well, there's always next year.

Some of the misses were ridiculous. How many times did the ball just roll across the rim after an almost automatic lay up or tap in? I don't think Butler scored in the paint until the 12 minute mark of the 2nd half. Kentucky vs UConn was closer to a championship calibre game and a lot more enjoyable than that brickfest.