Jambands.ca

Electric Forest Festival

bONES

Depending on what you're looking for, it could seem a bit "lackluster"...

But to be fair, it depends on where you're coming from. I'm pretty old school myself, so in terms of "bands"... There isn't much there - for sure (Big ups to Toubab Crewe, though!!!).

But in terms of new school/"cutting edge", Pretty Lights, BassNectar, Beats Antique, Shpongle, etc. are happening choices. But worth the trip?... Your call.

My $0.02.

I've said it around here before, but the site is top-notch for a festival, both in terms of layout and weather. Hot during the day, nice and cool at night with a tripped out forest in the middle. Yes, please. I would love to transplant Bonnaroo to that site.

Wouldn't that be handy.

This lineup is not enough to get me there, and there's just too damn much to choose from this summer as is, but there's still a handful of acts on there that I dig, and a couple more I'd be interested in checking out. Certainly amongst all the others that I'm dismissing there must be at least one that would pleasantly surprise me.

Its too bad its a weak line up. I was pretty excited for Cheese at Rothbury. Being in the Sherwood Forest late night with all the going's on would have been sick! However its a lot of DJ's and not a lot of bands I would drive 6 hours for. I doubt they will have the main stage going, probably the smaller stage and another one? It won't be a full blown Rothbury throw down.

My crew is doing to do All Good again this summer and hoping for the Vibes as well, great line-up.