Jambands.ca

The Dead Interview IS on right now

kung

Hey, caught this just before mine and my wife's weekly ritualistic viewing of "The West Wing". A nice little piece, no great new insights ("So you mean every show you play is different?" asks Morley) but it was certainly fun to see them do the acoustic bit at Haight-Asbury at the end, I thought that was the best part although way too short.

Peace,

Mr. M.

Mickey Hart's over-eager, self-absorbed personality really rubs me the wrong way. He talks about the Grateful Dead like he's a salesman unloading a new line of dish soap on you. Kreutzmann on the other hand seems like a real gentleman, funny and laid-back (these days anyway, maybe not on tour in Germany in the 1970s...... [Wink] ).

Not a vital piece by any means but neither was it a total waste. If you missed it, you really didn't miss much!

dosin huge every day/night for 20 years and not eventually mellowing out with some horse (like Jerry) apperently is good for the percussion but bad for everyday communication skills (we've all run into someone who fits into this category at a show)

(and don't point your finger at me!)

Archived