Jambands.ca

how do i post vids

phishtaper

No need to reduce size. Youtube default size settings are usually not too big.

There is two ways to post videos from youtube.

1 - just above the post/reply box you post in is this icon > youtube.png

Clicking will pop up a box for you post the last bit from a video URL. Highlighted below. But, everything after the "watch?v=" usually works too.

www youtube.com/watch?v=Q7PdxdXzskU&feature=feedf

2 - Under the video on youtube you want to share is a "share button" if you click that you'll have the option to a) copy the url B) email a link c) embed the video

Click the embed button and copy the code, then paste it in the post/reply box here. Then below the reply/post box instead of "use Markup" select "Use HTML" and click post.

But, if resizing is needed, it's set on youtube via > "share" > "embed video". You see the resize option after that.

I know option two (copy the embed video code) works with other video hosting sites like vimeo and most other embed-able videos - not sure about option one, I think it's youtube only.

Edited by Guest
corrections and clarity (I think)

Thanks Esau. I think you are a few steps further along than I need right now. I dont even know how to get my vid on to youtube, or whether I should be putting it on youtube or some other place. Do I need to create an account on youtube to upload my own vids or should I be looking at doing it some other way? Thanks.

Sorry I misunderstood I guess. I thought you meant posting them here after they were up on youtube.

Uploading to youtube requires you have an account (most good hosting sites will). You may also require a gmail account - I use a second gmail account so I don't have my real name from my main email showing up.

I haven't uploaded to youtube in a few years, but I know the videos must be no longer then 15 mins in length and less then 2gb in size.

Here's some instructions I found.

http://www.google.com/support/youtube/bin/answer.py?answer=57924&hl=en-US

Another option for hosting is vimeo, they seem to be pretty good as well, although I've never used the site to host.

http://vimeo.com/