jon.

Anyone score any wicked stuff?

Pour Moi:

- GD: Portland, ME. 4/1/85

- GD: Houston, TX. 10/14/77

- GD: Albany, NY. 3/24/90'

- Phish: Cincinnati, OH. 2/22/03'

- JGB: San Diego, CA. 89'

Its been a good week...thank god for bittorrent...it works when i sleep:)

quote:

Originally posted by jon:

Anyone score any wicked stuff?

Pour Moi:

- GD: Portland, ME. 4/1/85

- GD: Houston, TX. 10/14/77

- GD: Albany, NY. 3/24/90'

- Phish: Cincinnati, OH. 2/22/03'

- JGB: San Diego, CA. 89'

Its been a good week...thank god for bittorrent...it works when i sleep:)

Not if your computer freezes, which mine does with depressing regularity [Frown]

Unfortunately, my CD burner seems to have completely given up the ghost, so my hard drive is utterly filled up ... I was able to clear a fair amount of space, then promptly filled it all up with 24 CDs worth of Dylan and the Band (I just couldn't resist After The Waltz being posted). Could anyone in Ottawa help me out here ... what would a reasonably priced but still reliable CD burner go for , and where might be a good place to get one and have it put in? I am pretty strapped for cash, so I am having to save up for one a little bit at a time.

RnB

Guest Low Roller

Here are some recent beauts I got from STG:

- the white stripes, 2002-06-30

- The Doors, Isle of Wight Festival, England, Sat 29th August 1970

- Pearl Jam / Nirvana "JAM LIKE HELL (Pearl Jam vs. Nirvana)", December 31, 1991, Cow Palace, San Francisco, CA

- My Morning Jacket, 05/17/2003

I'm currently downloading a Raq show from etree.

Try Sprint on somerset at the western tail end of china town.

www.sprintcomputers.com

The Sloth, myself and a few others shop there. You can actually get a decent DVD burner there for $199.99

But if you only want a hi speed CD burner, you can pick up the LG 52X for 48.99. As well, there is an LG 52X burner that also serves as a DVD rom drive for $79.

I'm not sure what they'd charge you to install it. I'd do it for you if I thought I had the time.

quote:

Originally posted by Low Roller:

Here are some recent beauts I got from STG:

-
the white stripes
, 2002-06-30

-
My Morning Jacket
, 05/17/2003

I'm currently downloading a Raq show from etree.

Low Roller, I want these shows. How can I get them? I don't have downloading capabilities since I don't have a computer. If you can get them burned and give them to Booche, I'll make it worth your while.

I don't want the Raq show. Thanks.

Guest Low Roller

The White Stripes show is phenomenal, quality and performance wise. As much sound as Jack White fills up live, there is no need for anybody else in the band other than the simple drumming of Meg.

The MMJ show is decent, but the band keeps complaining about some buzz or something on the bass amp. Interesting nonetheless. Incidentally I bought "It Still Moves", and the more I listen to it, the more I like it.

Jaimoe, just e-mail me your address and I'll snail mail you the CDs.

I heard Raq last night for the first time, and, besides the fact that the guitar player wants to be Trey, the band is solid and they have some fun jams. I'd place them on par with Umphrees.

Hey Low Roller,

I saw The White Stripes on November 13th in Mississauga. A great show, even though it was slightly marred by the terrible Hershey Centre acoustics. Meg is a blues drummer, nothing more: simple and steady. She plays like all blues drummers - she lets the rest of the band take over. People who bash Meg don't know blues.

I read a review of that MMJ show you have and the reviewer mentioned that the band was put-off by their gear and sound. I know people who have seen MMJ live and they say they kick. All other MMJ concert reviews I've read are all great. " It Still Moves " is my co-album of the year, along with " Elephant ".

Archived