Jambands.ca

Kevin Breit @ GigSpace (Ott.) June 24

bradm

He's playing in Montreal the next night, and I found this listing for the show:

Da Da-da Da-da, is Kevin Breit's latest trio. (Breit on string things, Davide Direnzo drums and Colin Couch on tuba).

Walk through a midnight bazaar in Chiang Mai and your senses stand to attention by it's vibrancy and confrontations. Street barkers exclaim with a vengeance till the lamp oil burns to the wee hours of morning. Sweet and savory, cohabitant in this shadowy world of mixed blessings.

Here is also the world in which Kevin Breit and Da Dada Dada exists.

My guess is that the Ottawa show is the same band.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
Kevin Breit and his trio Da DaDa Dada, will hit the Gigspace stage on June 24th as part of a kick off for his eastern tour. Joining is tuba extraordinaire, Colin Couch and Ottawa’s own, Jesse Stewart. They will be performing songs from Kevin’s various recordings as well as new tunes from his much anticipated record, As A Race Horse.

Aloha,

Brad

• 2 weeks later...
When I asked Kevin what material we will be playing, he said "some tunes you know; some you don't," adding that I should brush up on Beach Boys tunes. I am not sure if he was serious or not, so it is anybody's guess what the music will be. But I am confident that it will be a lot of fun. In addition to being a jaw-dropping guitarist, he is a pretty hilarious guy. You could justifiably think of it as an improv comedy show with music.

Aloha,

Brad

it was OK. it was pretty clear that they hadn't rehearsed and the other guys didn't know what songs they were going to play.

the highlight was probably the last song, which was Good Vibrations :) the other highlight was kevin's banter of course, had me in tears at one point.

the show was very short, not much more than an hour, but i was fine with that as it enabled me to get down to Daniel Lanois which was really awesome.