Jambands.ca

Show Announcement: Elvis Costello

\/\/illy

House of Blues Concerts Canada presents:

Elvis Costello

Saturday, February 28, 2004, 8:00 p.m., Massey Hall

(Tickets $67.50, 55.50)

Elvis Costello is the stage name of self-taught songwriter Declan MacManus. He first performed in public in 1969, and began his recording career in 1977 with the making of the album My Aim Is True. Since then, he has made more than a dozen albums, as a solo artist and with the group, The Attractions.

During his long career Costello has received several prestigious awards, including two Q Magazine Awards, two Ivor Novello Awards, the coveted Nordoff-Robbins Silver Clef Award and a Grammy for his collaboration with Burt Bacharach in 1998. In 2003 he was nominated for three Grammys for When I Was Cruel and was also inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on 10th March.

ON SALE TO THE PUBLIC: 10 a.m., Thursday, December 4, 2003

This is excellent news! I saw Mr.Costello play last year at the Amphitheatre. Although it was an incredible show, I could not help but think throughout that it would have been even more enjoyable had the venue been more contained. Given that this show will take place at Massey Hall, one of the greatest venues ever (save the 2nd balcony knees-to-your-chin seating), I am sure it will be unbelievable!

Go see him... he does not disappoint!

quote:

Originally posted by \/\/illy:

he has made more than a dozen albums, as a solo artist and with the group, The Attractions.

Try more like 20, and that's not counting various compliations and re-issues. (No offense to you \/\/illy, I know you're just quoting another source here.)

I'm in the middle of reading Tony Clayton-Lea's biography, I'm right at the part where he gets into a fight with Stephen Stills & Bonnie Bramlett where he allegedly called James Brown a "jive-ass nigger". Crazy old punk bastard, you still gotta love him!

Anyway, I'm definitely gonna try to make this. Anyone know if he's playing a full-on rock set or if he's doing the sort of quiet-jazz thing like on his last album North? Should be a great show either way!

Peace,

Mr. M.

Archived