Jambands.ca

Afroman punches woman on stage, because he got high, because he got high, because he got hiiiiigh

Guest Low Roller

I read another article earlier today about this, though I can't recall where. It said that security was minimum at his request (per his rider). His agent claims his didn't know if it was a man or woman on stage, but if you watch the video you can clearly see him looking face to face with the girl as he adjust his mic before his solo.

The guy is a piece of shit.

You put yourself in that position, you deserve every punch you get.

Edit: I saw a different angle than is posted here. This one looks awful and makes me review my opinion but I still feel that a presence onstage is sacred so I understand an artist becoming protective of themselves. Fuck.

You put yourself in that position, you deserve every punch you get.

Edit: I saw a different angle than is posted here. This one looks awful and makes me review my opinion but I still feel that a presence onstage is sacred so I understand an artist becoming protective of themselves. Fuck.

When he made his public apology yesterday he claimed he was bothered by a male heckler while he rapped and after asking two women to leave (after dancing on stage for a little bit) he thought it was the heckler who came up on him. He then blamed it on the fact he hadn't had dinner or time to get high previous to the show, also that he had to walk about a half mile to get to there due to it being Mardi Gras, so he was "frustrated".

Seriously. Its fuckin Mardi Gras.

It's not like he was being taken over by ninjas, where you don't have time to look before you strike.  It's just amazing to me that he swung his hulk-like arm around without identifying who was hanging around.  It could have been anybody, and it happened to be simply a drunk girl having a laugh, not ninjas or even a harmless heckler who's only weapon is stupid words.

I don't know why people think it is acceptable to get on stage, uninvited. She obviously wasn't too drunk that she didn't know what she was doing. Maybe afroman shouldn't have clocked her but come on, the guy is working.

If that had of been Mark Tonin performing, he probably would have fucking killed her. You don't want to fuck with Tonin, because Tonin will fucking kill you.

There seems to be conflicting stories floating around. I saw a few folks I follow on my twitter feed last night who are at mardi gras and claim to have been at the show, saying the two girls were invited up originally, danced then asked to leave, and some folks claiming otherwise. I'd like to see some video leading up to all this and not just the clip that seems to be circulating, obviously someone has it.

That said, I certainly don't think its acceptable to get on stage uninvited, no matter what the circumstance. But, I also think its pretty fuckin unacceptable and irresponsible of this dipshit to just blindly haul off and smack someone, what if it was staff, security or even a cop removing the girl from the stage - would it still be considered the acceptable thing to do?

That said, I certainly don't think its acceptable to get on stage uninvited, no matter what the circumstance. But, I also think its pretty fuckin unacceptable and irresponsible of this dipshit to just blindly haul off and smack someone, what if it was staff, security or even a cop removing the girl from the stage - would it still be considered the acceptable thing to do?

I would say no, it's not acceptable. It was a sucker punch and sucker punches are never acceptable, unless you are somehow feeling threatened by violence yourself. Even then, it's usually good practice to face a guy and let them know you want to fight them. She didn't appear to be putting  him in any danger. He should have just stopped and told her to fuck off. His excuses were pretty weak too. Does he have any history of doing douchebaggery before? That said, even with low security in his rider, why weren't they doing their job, even if minimal? That makes it suspicious that they weren't invited I suppose.

I remember a video of Maynard from tool, putting a guy rushing the stage in a rear naked choke hold but that guy was charging him and Maynard defended himself (and kept singing the whole time). 

Thats my big issue with this. He simply hauled off and suckered someone without any regard for whom it may have been, and even after he saw it wasn't who he claims he thought it was he just went back to playing. That kinda makes me not believe he thought it was the male heckler that had been bothering him during the show. I completely accept that if someone jumps on stage uninvited the deserve to be removed - though, if only dancing like the girl was, I don't believe that violence (especially that level) is really necessary.

As for the lack of security, thats a good question. Only one source I read mentioned his rider, and I've not seen any other mention of that  in any article I've read, so I won't claim it's true. It was mardi gras so it's odd there wasn't loads of security present in my opinion. Though if it was a rider request or they were invited as some folks have claimed it would kinda explain why security weren't on top of it. 

.........but does it mean he intended to do harm if he felt threatened?

Well, obviously I can't speak for him or claim to know his intentions. What I can speak on though is, as someone who has in years past had my share of scraps, I feel I can quite honestly and confidently say that a haymaker style sucker punch is intended to do one thing, and one thing only. Damage.

• 1 month later...